1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
Hey Mike. I just came across the same thread. What are you guys using as a spacer? Do you put the spacer under the cover?

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to use rubber. Place them under the cover to lift it up. I may use the same rubber bumpers as mentioned by another guy. I wouldn't use anything metal due to rust or possible metal vibes. I had to modify my front bumper on my Honda due to a "minor" hit and the metal washers are cutting into the front metal bumper. I don't care since it's my wife's car. HAHAHAHA!!

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
I'm going to use rubber. Place them under the cover to lift it up. I may use the same rubber bumpers as mentioned by another guy. I wouldn't use anything metal due to rust or possible metal vibes. I had to modify my front bumper on my Honda due to a "minor" hit and the metal washers are cutting into the front metal bumper. I don't care since it's my wife's car. HAHAHAHA!!
Until she says there is an issue with the bumper and you have to fix it again. LOL

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Until she says there is an issue with the bumper and you have to fix it again. LOL
LOL...True. But then the fix would be using larger washer to cover the issue!!! Or I would use the Navy way......duck tape (Navy calls it "speed tape").

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
LOL...True. But then the fix would be using larger washer to cover the issue!!! Or I would use the Navy way......duck tape (Navy calls it "speed tape").
Oh I am quite familiar with speed tape. We had to replace the co-pilots side window on a KC-135. Unfortunately it was too cold in North Dakota to put the airstream sealant in the gaps. So we used speed tape around the window to get the plane to the Saudi Arabia and flew for 3 weeks before we were able to use the sealant. Damn speed tape held up well.

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
I'm going to start on mine this weekend and put something together (parts used, pics, etc). I'll post up on the original thread.
Post here too as its easier to find your results.

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
Whats the snow have to do with it. Your car is in a garage. LOL

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats the snow have to do with it. Your car is in a garage. LOL
Yeah, but what sucks is that new homes construction are making garages smaller now. My nose is against the front wall and the tail has only a 6" clearance when the garage door comes down. In order to work on any of my cars, the rear has to stick out with the garage door open and it cold as hell out there.

I keep telling the wife that I'm going to gut out the kitchen to make my garage bigger!!! HAHAHA

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
I was just about to say make the garage bigger. You can tell the wife to allow you to put an addition onto the back of the house to extend her kitchen and that will enable you to take 5 feet from the existing kitchen to expand the garage.LOL

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just about to say make the garage bigger. You can tell the wife to allow you to put an addition onto the back of the house to extend her kitchen and that will enable you to take 5 feet from the existing kitchen to expand the garage.LOL
5ft hell......If it was my choice, I would make the whole damn house a garage!!!! I can even knock out one of the bedrooms and install a lift!!!:drink:

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I finally got around to doing this. I purchased the spacer material from Lowes and had to stack them three high for mine to fit properly (some cars will use less, some more). The bumper cover is held by two bolts and two plastic rivets. Remove all 4 and keep adding material until the bumper is flush with the hood line. For me, I did not have to purchase new bolts. There was enough thread on the bolts to keep it tight. I couldn't re-use the plastic rivets because I had to raise mine almost 3/4 inch.

Attachments

·
CCG8 / FLG8
2,089 Posts
Looks great. I need to pick some of those up and do it.

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
Mike, How did you install the material? Is it laying under the cover or somehow secure so it will not move?

·
Capital City G8
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The material is sticky backed. I layered them and then stuck them to the cross member, just under the bumper cover. They are not going anywhere since it's taped on the bottom and the bolts apply enough pressure so that it keeps them "sandwiched".

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
Awesome. You did a great job Mike. Time to go to Lowes and pick up some supplies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts