Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 MGM
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. Anyone have one they don’t want/need anymore?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a Cortex 2950 I'm no longer using and willing to sell.
By unlocked, I assume you mean it isn't tied to my car anymore? I flashed my car back to stock, so I assume that unlocks it.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Every tuner manufacturer makes their tuners lock to your car or truck in order to prevent you from being able to use one tuner on many vehicles; it's their way of making sure they get paid for every vehicle out there with their tuning on it. Basically, when you program your vehicle the tuner will read your VIN number and store that number inside of it. As long as that vehicle has the performance tuning on it, the programmer will only work on that vehicle; if you try to program another vehicle you will get some sort of error message and programming will not be possible. Once a tuner is used to install performance tuning on a vehicle, that tuner becomes "VIN locked" or "married" to that vehicle. However, once the original vehicle is returned to factory settings using the tuner, the programmer “unlocks” or “unmarries” itself from the original vehicle and now becomes ready to be used on another vehicle and will function exactly the same as a brand new tuner.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ah thanks! So this tuner should be unlocked then. I can verify later that all settings are back to stock though.
@JHOWARD, Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
2009 MGM
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just connected with another member and made the purchase. Thanks Gents!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts