Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched a Youtube video yesterday about this G8 beast.

I saw the side skirts on the G8 and was consumed with want lol. Does anyone know where the owner of this beautiful car would have got the side skirts from?

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arn't most mods we make to our cars race inspired to some degree?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
He said ricer, not racer. Slapping stickers and badges all over your car doesn't make it look cool, except to other people who slapped stickers and badges on their car.

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He said ricer, not racer. Slapping stickers and badges all over your car doesn't make it look cool, except to other people who slapped stickers and badges on their car.

RICE = race inspired cosmetic enhancement

So again i would suggest that all the enhancements we do to these cars are RACE inspired.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Every one has an opinion regarding vehicle enhancements and modifications and am still awaiting the official definitive exhaustive expert guide of "yea and thou shall no"t. Of course, such a guide is non-existent as what looks cool to one person may very well look awful to another. Having said that, don't allow someone to alter your taste unless they are a lifetime sponsor i.e. regularly contributing to the maintenance, insurance, and other expenses of the vehicle. Believe it or not, many people would not be caught driving Pontiac much less a G8. On the other hand, some people taut it as the best car they have ever owned. As far as the GXP is concerned, not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons, but then again who cares? At the end of the day, if you like it then go for it.

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with the points you make Billy and Pony Man. Personally i really like the look of that G8 but couldn't bring myself to make my HSV look like that. However i really like the look of the flat plane side skirts and they are discrete enough to get away with the look without looking to RICE.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those are the CHenry splitters. Comes with sides rear and front bumper. He discontinued them, however I ended up snagging a set from mobile attractions.

·
LS2 slut
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are the CHenry splitters. Comes with sides rear and front bumper. He discontinued them, however I ended up snagging a set from mobile attractions.

Have you got a picture of your car with them on mate?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I haven’t installed yet. I’m waiting for a new front bumper to throw them on but here’s some quick pics I could find of them installed. I saw them in person and pulled the trigger. Not too big on the front splitter tho. I’m more of a fan of the form fit stuff and the ones that actually follow the shape of the front bumper. Possibly gunna go that route when I get the bumper and just keep the sides and rear.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts