Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else tried to order another flip key/fob? I tried to and they told me they don't make them anymore.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that too. But, It's a brand new car , are all the parts going to be this difficult to get?

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
With the push button start coming on the '09's it's going to be hard to get an extra flip key since they're going to stop making those.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
With the push button start coming on the '09's it's going to be hard to get an extra flip key since they're going to stop making those.
Push button start? What? That's news to me. Link or source?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still think they would make the flip key even with push button start on its way.

·
HLDN ON
450 Posts
when did they announce push button start on the G8s???

·
Registered
293 Posts
when did they announce push button start on the G8s???
Don't have a clue... My '08 has the remote start. Is that what their talking about?? Or is it the push button start like some Ferrari's and other higher end cars have, were you only gotta have the "key" within a certain distance to hit the "On" button to start the car??

·
HLDN ON
450 Posts
Don't have a clue... My '08 has the remote start. Is that what their talking about?? Or is it the push button start like some Ferrari's and other higher end cars have, were you only gotta have the "key" within a certain distance to hit the "On" button to start the car??
I think they are talking about the remote start like in the vettes and bmw's and even the altima's in which you just keep the key in your pocket and pust the START button. Pretty much what you said...:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
There was no announcement for a push button start

Even the GXP interior doesn't have push button.

Besides does it really hurt to turn your key?

·
HLDN ON
450 Posts
I dont mind turning the key...however push button start is SO cool. Oh well...remote start is cooler!

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Sorry guys, I could not resist the April Fools prank. You're right, no push button!

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
It was already April fools in Australia where our G8 is being built. Sometimes I can't keep myself from jumping the gun.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
You all suck. Push button is cool. Even cooler is unlocking your doors from the outside with your keys still in your pocket and your hands full of whatever.

·
Owner / Operator
427 Posts
On one set of keys is a white plastic tag - call the dealer and tell them to order you a new key and give them that number on the plastic tag. The dealer should call GM to have the key made and sent to the dealer where you can pick it up.

The involved process actually makes sense - if you could just order a key based on a VIN number then I'd just copy down a VIN from one on the lot and order a key and then some dark night...

I understand from the dealer that the processis MUCH more involved if you don't have the white plastic tag -- but your dealer should have told you about keeping it when you picked up the car.

And no, this is not an April Fools prank.

·
Son of a Dealer
200 Posts
Does the car come with one flip key and the second is a fixed blade.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
About this Discussion
77 Replies
35 Participants
mlott132
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing