Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine and I are working on figuring out what it would take to get Pat G to fly into East Side Seattle area. I have the rates and he has offered to do it. Depending on how many are interested, I can figure out the price and get him to come out.

Anyone interested in having Pat G put his hands physically on your ride and getting tunes completed?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hell yeah, I'M DOWN!!! Live in boise ID but will drive out there. Expecting my cam to be here by the end of this week. So in about 2 weeks I will have cam in with his remote tune. Oh btw anyone from boise area?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Wow. That's cool but I don't have any of his equipment. Im also basically stock with the only major power mod being headers in the future. Would it be worth it vs having him emailing a tune after getting the headers?

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could have him e-mail you a tune ahead of time and make your decision then. For me it's worth it because I have a stall and rap to 7K RPMs. The transmission is a little hard to tune due to that and I'm extremely picky. Some things I cannot describe over the phone or e-mail simply because I don't have the knowledge... so having him sit in the car and go around the block would be nice.

For you, I think he'd probably get you squared away in a few tunes without even touching your car. Even so, if he comes out, I can let you know and you can meet him (or jump on the train if there is enough time for you to).

That said, I only have 3 people interested at the moment, we'll need a few more to make this happen.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Just do the remote tune and save the money.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have a better understanding of price once I get a head count and a date for him. It also depends if people need a dyno or prefer a road tune.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell yeah, I'M DOWN!!! Live in boise ID but will drive out there. Expecting my cam to be here by the end of this week. So in about 2 weeks I will have cam in with his remote tune. Oh btw anyone from boise area?
I don't know how I missed this. Sorry about that.

I don't expect this to be done in the next two weeks. We need to book flights, hotels, find the people that are interested, and of course cover Pat G's cost.

I haven't announced price, but me and the people setting this up are taking no fee. We'll be dividing the costs equally, except for any extras you may require (dyno time, handheld, etc...).

I'd post cost of his price, but I feel that violates the forum rules.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe 4 or 5 people at the moment. I'd post price on the board but I'm afraid I'd get a violation. I don't have individual prices, just Pat Gs rate. We'll need to include flight, hotel, and dyno.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts