Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fog Lights Wire Problem

I am rebuilding a wrecked 2009 V6. I can not see where the plug for the fog lights are. I have looked all over the front end with no luck. Did these cars all come with fog lights so should there not be wiring for them. Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Labatt

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
All G8s have fog lights. The wring harness should be under the bumper area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All G8s have fog lights. The wring harness should be under the bumper area.
Thanks I thought so but I have not located the plug for either side. At this time there is no bumper cover and tonight I removed the radiator cradle to replace it and still have not seen any plugs for fogs.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
My take is that all the cars came with the fog lights as standard equipment. But I'm having a problem due to the wiring diagrams vs the master location list vs the drawings of the various wire harnesses, are all dork-ed up. They say that the harness assy that would run from left to right *very low* tucked behind the fascia (from memory), comes from a disconnect connector # X108. Its an 8 pin connector that only uses 4 of the pins in it. Pin #2 for right side marker light (BN/WH), pin #3 for left side marker light (PU), pin #4 for both fog lights (PU), that must have a 1 into 2 out wire splice somewhere in the harness run to allow it to reach both lights. Pin #8 is a ground for something (BK).
The *drawing* of the wiring harness that goes to the X108 connector, says that the connector can be found at a point under the *drivers side* headlight assy. But the *master component list*, says that same connector will be found under the *passenger side* headlight assy. on the bumper bar.
If you can find that X108 connector anyplace, you could at least see where that outgoing harness assy with its many small 2 pin connectors are even still attached to the car. As in the harness was damage an removed, or maybe somebody needed worse than you do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what I get from that is there should be a connector there some place to plug more wires into (another connector) that would feed the fogs and side marker lights. Man I did't even see this. Like I said I had the whole front off and there was no where that I saw a place to plug anything into. I traced the wiring back and forth and see nothing. Now this is strange. Any other suggestions would help and thanks to those who have commented so far.

Cheers
Labatt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I found a plug that i am not sure it is for so I will assume the fog and marker lights. It is a white connector with 4 wires. 2 purple 1 black and 1 brown/white. It is on the passenger side and there must be a pig tail that comes off of this I am missing. If one of you could look and see if this is the right plug and if so where can I get the tail for it.

Cheers
Labatt

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
You say *white* but the the manual shows it to be be a *black* connector. Could be yet another mistake in the manual. If it appears to be an 8 pin connector with only 4 pin positions being used (an the colors you state), it sounds correct. Sounds like that wire loom that would be connected to it (to power up the fog an side marker lights) is missing. Sounds like you will need that wire harness assy, pulled from another wrecked vehicle.
They have some type of P/N listed for each connector and the contacts and the tool to insert and remove the pins/sockets, but I don't know how reliable those numbers are. Not to mention having to build up a new harness to connect to those connectors

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does any one know if I can order this part from dealer and what the part number is?

Cheers Labatt

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
I don't know if the dealer would have a P/N listed for the entire harness assy. Sounds like a long shot. In the manual its printed as the "Fog Lamp Harness to the Front Body Harness" with the possibility of the added info of "X108 harness assy". If that fails, there are some assigned P/Ns for the connectors, pins and release tool/test probe. I'm sure all those numbers are vendors numbers, an may not work either at the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks very much. My quest continues. Sounds like I have a better chance finding nessi or big foot.

Cheers Labatt

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
My take is that all the cars came with the fog lights as standard equipment. But I'm having a problem due to the wiring diagrams vs the master location list vs the drawings of the various wire harnesses, are all dork-ed up. They say that the harness assy that would run from left to right *very low* tucked behind the fascia (from memory), comes from a disconnect connector # X108. Its an 8 pin connector that only uses 4 of the pins in it. Pin #2 for right side marker light (BN/WH), pin #3 for left side marker light (PU), pin #4 for both fog lights (PU), that must have a 1 into 2 out wire splice somewhere in the harness run to allow it to reach both lights. Pin #8 is a ground for something (BK).
The *drawing* of the wiring harness that goes to the X108 connector, says that the connector can be found at a point under the *drivers side* headlight assy. But the *master component list*, says that same connector will be found under the *passenger side* headlight assy. on the bumper bar.
If you can find that X108 connector anyplace, you could at least see where that outgoing harness assy with its many small 2 pin connectors are even still attached to the car. As in the harness was damage an removed, or maybe somebody needed worse than you do.
The connector is located on the passenger side below the passenger side headlamp housing on a G8.

I just found it a few minutes ago since my fog lights and side marker lamps (bumper) stopped working randomly. I took off the passenger wheel and removed some of the clips for the fender well lining. Yes, I swapped the relays, bulbs, etc. to try to diagnose my issue. It turns out that the plug was loose and since it's fighting gravity, dealing with going over bumps and whatnot.

Does that connector have a TPA (Terminal Position Assurance) attached or something? Because plugging it back in it doesn't feel secure.

#21 in the following image:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1769667-g8-gt-6-0-6l80e-swap-into-72-chevelle-2.html#post18669271

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
From the drawing, it looks like it uses a click lock (sound) type of connector. Time and location can breakdown connectors, especially the locking tabs (if they had been manhandled a few times for whatever reason). If you feel that a positive locking action is missing, couldn't you cinch down a nice sized tywrap/cable tie to create a continuous/solid junction of those 2 connector halves ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts