Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So happen to notice last night i have a fog light out.Was thinking about replacing them with some leds or somwthing along those lines.But cant seem to find any at all here in orangeville had a hard time just finding reg fog lights cept from the dealer.So was wondering if any one had done something like this before an where abouts is a place or places that sell them.Perferable around the brampton miss area but would travel farther if i had to.So if anyone here knows a place that sells them please lemme know as i would like to have this fixed asap thnx again

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
PM me for a local supplier. He attends most of the car shows in the GTA and will install there or often will do it at your place. Awesome product and incredible after sales service. Have rarely dealt with a better guy.

I will get his contact info ready once I get to work.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
With all due respect I had a problem with that guy. Hopefully works out better with you.

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
Really. Huh. Never heard anything but great feedback...PM me deets?

OP I think there are some registered vendors that will ship.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
If you want just LEDs for the looks then good ole EBay my friend. That's where I got mine from. Just have them to match my HIDs. They're a pain to change though.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Yep, ebay has some great LED fogs. Got mine on there and switchbacks too.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Agreed with the above. Scotty, send me a link!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
These are currently the most powerful LED's you can buy for the fog that I'm aware of. Yes they are pricey but the best always is. Now these won't match HID for lumen output but they will look 1000 times better than stock and should last much longer. You can do a search on LED H16's and get thousands of hits on ebay. Just make sure you get one with the front facing projector, otherwise light output is terrible. Good luck OP!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140906623264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Those cree LEDs are somethin else. I got one of those BlackFire LED flashlights, and for just one wee little bulb on a circuit board, the bugger is BRIGHT!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Okay kids, ignore the price for a moment. 30W. Will these melt the housing?

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
It's only length that matters. Get shortones and your wattage, within reason, is irrelevant.

·
Under Construction
481 Posts
It's only length that matters. Get shortones and your wattage, within reason, is irrelevant.

I dunno about that, I ran 55w HID setup in my stock fog lights for over a year with no issues. But i started to notice that one of them fog lights started to melt. NOT the lens but the housing around the base on the bulb so length wouldnt matter. When i did my install i drilled a small hole in each fog light housing on top to vent the heat i think thats why mine lasted that long.

·
OGOC Member
2,626 Posts
I dunno about that, I ran 55w HID setup in my stock fog lights for over a year with no issues. But i started to notice that one of them fog lights started to melt. NOT the lens but the housing around the base on the bulb so length wouldnt matter. When i did my install i drilled a small hole in each fog light housing on top to vent the heat i think thats why mine lasted that long.
Didnt you get water in the lens when you drilled the holes??

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
OP, were you asking about the heat of the LED's? I'm fairly sure heat won't be an issue with any LED.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts