Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the right rear taillight has some condensation inside it after the long few days of rain we had. Was wondering if anyone else has had it happen and what they did to remedy it.

A friend told me to either blow hot air inside to dry it up or hook the battery up to a charger and leave the reverse lights on all night or untill totally dry. And put a thin coating of silicone or similar around the seal. Sounds good to me was just wondering if there are other ways you guys know of. Thanks in advance.

Daniel

·
Premium Member
4,138 Posts
I read somewhere about headlight assemblies that develop this problem. I think its usually traced down to a faulty sealed area somewhere around the glued contact surface between the lens and body of the light assy. But they said a quick solution was to tie a very strong thread like material, or a piece of thin fishing line etc., to a small desiccant packet ( silica gel )that can fit thru one of the lamp openings. Let it hang in there and re-install the lamp for a few days. Its designed purpose is to draw off and capture moisture in the area near it. Then pull it back out. Hence the strong thread attached to it. You don't want to loose control of that packet when its time to remove it. I've never had to try this method yet, but it does sound like a pretty neat an simple TLR.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a neat trick. Might have to try that thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
DAPG8GT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing