Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an OEM L76 DOD Valley Cover and Valve Locks I no longer need after a cam upgrade. I will list these items individually below, with prices (including shipping). Any specific shipping terms or requests will be settled as part of the final sale. Sales to be made in cash (if local) or via paypal. Payment required prior to shipment of goods.
Best offers will be considered.

Description: OEM DOD valley cover.
Price: $80 shipped to lower 48
Reason for sale: I did a cam swap to a non DOD camshaft
Included Items: original l76 valley cover/DOD manifold
Condition of parts: Dirty after ~75k miles, but fully functional. I didn’t notice any leaks prior to removing from car.

Description: Stock L76 valve locks
Price: $9 shipped to lower 48
Reason for sale: I did a cam swap to a non DOD camshaft and replaced these with lightweight titanium parts
Included Items: Full set of 16 stock valve locks
Condition of parts: Fully functional. I did not note any damage upon removal from the car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price Drop

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
No G8 came with the updated one. It’s been replaced, might have the new lifters too. OP should ask the dealer to check for a warranty repair history

·
Registered
401 Posts
You are incorrect!

I value your automotive knowledge and look forward to your most informative posts. In fact, I purchased an updated VLOM based upon your advice, but, as you know, when I installed it I discovered that my 2009.5 came with the updated VLOM I probably misunderstood a post another board. valves open up more with afm on??? | Page 2 | Pontiac G8 Forum (g8board.com) .

Bob the Monkey's pics clearly displays an updated VLOM - see his 7/13/2009 posted pics here: Camshaft and DoD Delete DIY Guide! | Pontiac G8 Forum (g8board.com) . There are probably more such pics on this very site. Drew - is that not an updated VLOM?

An updated VLOM definitely came installed on my G8 GT at it's 5/2009 purchase! I would recommend that all 2009.5 owners check their VLOM's prior to purchasing the updated version unnecessarily. Please consider conducting more research into this apparently contested topic as continuing to distribute inaccurate information does a dis-service to the community, which in my case proved to be somewhat costly and inconvenient.

Sincerely,

JAM

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I appreciate the free bump provided by the above discussion, it is beginning to get off topic. Warranty repair history for my engine is a mute point now. I installed a new stroker shortblock and an entirely new valvetrain at the same time.
I appreciate JAMs confirmation that I am selling the updated VLOM. A debate whether cars came new with it or not isn't necessary in this thread.
I am selling because of performing the non-DOD cam swap. This VLOM for sale was fully functional and caused me no issues prior to its removal.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Items still available. Make an offer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts