Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just announced in the press and all news media..Ford Australia is stopping production of the Aussie Built Ford Falcon next year..This suprise announcement had caught many off gard in the Australian Auto Industry....they will now become an importer of Ford world products....see more on this @ courier mail .com.au.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I knew this was coming, it's a damn shame. If only they had exported the Falcon to the states. Mmmm a 5.0 powered sedan would have been sweet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This will make life hard for Holden & Toyota, suppliers need all three to maintain stability with ford gone it is easy for a supplier to lose a contract with one and close with no backup, most suppliers have more than one maker on their books.

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO More Falcon V8 Supercars...They have also recently started installing a 4 cyl engine in the Falcon...ok here is something to think about....gas in Australia is almost $6;00 a gallon ..... the Top Selling NEW Car in Australia IS ..WAIT FOR IT.. MAZDA 3... and tell me the VF Commodore is not going to be the last one made...ya want tar bet me ///

·
Registered
131 Posts
What will this mean for V8 supercars?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
with the change of rules from modified factory shell to a nascar style race frame wraped in factory sheet metal, nissan can now race the altima body using their nissan patrol (heavy duty 4WD) V8 engine and inhouse running gear, ford could use the taurus body with mustang running gear if their barge is sold in aus as fords new family size car.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Where's all the, "No wonder Ford Australia is closing down..." people???

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
well this is old news lol they also said ford would be pulling out of supercars becuase of the shut down but who knows

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
man what a sin =/

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ford not pulling out of V8SC yet...there is some talk about letting them run the Mustang if they can get them to let em run two doors...the Falcon will run till at least 2016...

Ford's future V8SC...

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Ford selling a v8 rwd sedan in america would make sense and we cant have that... kind of like gm selling a reasonably priced v8 rwd sedan in america... 24k with 4 doors, cloth seats and a 5.3 would have sold like hot cakes... but no... we've gotta have 40k+ cars to get neat stuff

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
NO More Falcon V8 Supercars...They have also recently started installing a 4 cyl engine in the Falcon...ok here is something to think about....gas in Australia is almost $6;00 a gallon ..... the Top Selling NEW Car in Australia IS ..WAIT FOR IT.. MAZDA 3... and tell me the VF Commodore is not going to be the last one made...ya want tar bet me ///
Dont you know? we have been running out of oil reserves for 20 years now. They are bound to be right one day...LOL

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The V8 Supercar thing will be interesting to say the least, I doubt a Mustang will be used they are not sold in Australia...but that could change ..sad thing is about 15,000 people will loose there jobs maybe more when you include out side suppliers, vendors and there customers...The Aussie Falcon is not a bad car...

·
Registered
444 Posts
My understanding is the Mustang is going global so this doesn't surprise me. Ford can't tolerate multiple ''Performance Models" it has to be one and only one the Mustang.

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
FWIW, the Falcon's Turbo V6 sh1ts all over its V8 sister (talking street version).

I really hope that powertrain lives on as it was Aussie engineered.

Holden blew it by not having their own Turbo 6 but at least the hoons are happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts