Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to start? Years ago, I had purchased an '08 GT and loved it. Did some mods to it, pushed it to 350 at the rear wheels on the dyno my cousin worked at, took it on a 3800 mile road trip with my late father. Great car. Dated a girl for awhile, ended up being expensive, sadly got rid of the car. The girl left later so my lesson was-get rid of the girl, keep the car. Since the Pontiac, I've been in a Grand Marquis, a Mustang GT, and a fully loaded Ford Flex Limited that I had for 6 years. Ended up with that because I got married and had a family of four. Wife left, taking my son/stepson with her, leaving me with just my daughter. Once again, just me and her. I'd like to keep it that way for some time.

Anyway, I found a V6 for sale close to my home. Amazing condition. I had forgotten how much I loved the styling of this car. I took it for a test drive and it felt pretty good. Not as many comfy toys as my Flex, but it felt more me. To be honest, I missed the power of the 6 liter V8 though. So I went and checked around. There were no GT's anywhere near me, and the only ones I did find 80 miles away had many more miles. Actually there was one GT about 30 miles from me, but it was white. I despise white cars (no offense to white car owners-and it's NOT a race thing because I'm as white as can be).

So, I debated, and bit the bullet. The deciding factor was the price was good, it was fully loaded for a V6, and the fact that an 11 year old car was in such great shape. Do I miss the torque of the GT? Yes. But I'm 40 now and my daughter is 9 so being realistic with the price and what I can afford is a priority. And I needed a working vehicle since the Flex's headlights were dead. The ballasts were bad, and there were many body problems and some electrical problems. It would have cost more to fix than anyone would have given me for it. Now here I am in a Pontiac once again, and once again I'm remembering how much I love driving. I forgot how good this car handles for a 4 door sedan. I haven't washed a car by hand for 6 years and this makes me want to again. And with regard to the lack of power compared to the GT, that's nothing FI can't fix down the line.

·
Premium Member
4,520 Posts
Welcome back to the forum and enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
198 Posts
WELCOME BACK ENJOY THE RIDE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts