Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Dropped my car off today to get complete exhaust headers all the way back 2.5" pipes high flow cats no resonators flowmaster mufflers and this shop was the cheapest I could find. Google BDM performance exhaust. The owners name is Brian and he is awesome! Mention Josh with the g8...

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
How'd it turn out?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turned out great! Total with install 1560 thats complete exhaust headers back.... sounds great and I can def. Feel the power lol hopefully have her tuned next week then I can post dyno numbers...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thats a great deal. I looked at them a couple years ago when i was getting mine done on my old car, went with Hanksville Hotrods in littleton. was priceir but it was a custom mandrel bent exsaust system and will have them do my G8's exsaust when i get the money

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Pictures!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey all! Dropped my car off today to get complete exhaust headers all the way back 2.5" pipes high flow cats no resonators flowmaster mufflers and this shop was the cheapest I could find. Google BDM performance exhaust. The owners name is Brian and he is awesome! Mention Josh with the g8...
Complete exhaust headers all the way back?

Did you get headers installed? Or just cat back?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
So headers were included in the $1560? If so, that's a damn good deal. If not, not so good of a deal. PICS MAN!! PICS!!!

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
:worthless:

and video clips

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry took so long to reply... so I got pacesetter long tube headers, custom bent 2.5inch dia. X-pipe with high flow cats, and flow master super 40s dual chamer axlebacks and I picked out an oval/ retangular tips. I purchased the headers on amazon for like 250... overall great sound. I am going to get a tune this week hopefully if the mechanic is back from sema...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have some super 44s and they drone like a bitch...how are the super 40s?
They seem good to me... I am not 100% sure on exactly what drone sound is... lol I should be able to take some pics of my whole set up this week when the car is up on a lift as they check for any exhaust leajs before the tune... cant wait! Lol

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
They seem good to me... I am not 100% sure on exactly what drone sound is... lol I should be able to take some pics of my whole set up this week when the car is up on a lift as they check for any exhaust leajs before the tune... cant wait! Lol
Assuming you still have stock 2.92 gears. Take it out on the interstate at 70 mph and in 6th gear at a steady pace. If it starts hurting you ears, that's the drone I speak of :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Assuming you still have stock 2.92 gears. Take it out on the interstate at 70 mph and in 6th gear at a steady pace. If it starts hurting you ears, that's the drone I speak of :)
I have a little drone @55 mph however I did notice on my road trip when I got to sea level there was more drone...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Those are gonna rust very fast and heat soak in the summer will be terrible. $500 and you could have got ceramic coated and never have to worry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts