Good to hear

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
That is an easy enough fix.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
don't get stock or moog, they both failed on my old setup.

the best thing for bmr sways are bmr endlinks

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
don't get stock or moog, they both failed on my old setup.

the best thing for bmr sways are bmr endlinks
I'm on their site now :)

Debating on just getting the fronts and just get fronts and rears and be done with it.... (I think I just answered my own question)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Where is the best place to get these endlinks?

I just had my LCA's replaced and while the steering feels tighter I still have a clunk, had it at another dealer and they couldn't figure it out, I'm going to bring the car to my friend's shop and get it on a lift and see if this could be the culprit.

If so...I know exactly when I wrecked 'em - when we had that 28" blizzard the next day I drove 10 miles over snow packed roads that felt like a mine field covered w/ craters and speedbumps even at 15-20 mph. Probably had 2 years worth of bumps packed into one short drive there and back!

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
Where is the best place to get these endlinks?

I just had my LCA's replaced and while the steering feels tighter I still have a clunk, had it at another dealer and they couldn't figure it out, I'm going to bring the car to my friend's shop and get it on a lift and see if this could be the culprit.

If so...I know exactly when I wrecked 'em - when we had that 28" blizzard the next day I drove 10 miles over snow packed roads that felt like a mine field covered w/ craters and speedbumps even at 15-20 mph. Probably had 2 years worth of bumps packed into one short drive there and back!
disconnect the end links and drive to try to repeat the "clunk". If it goes away, you've found it.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
If you're using stock sways the Moogs should suffice, zero problems with mine.

I think is my culprit - what part # on amazon I tried searching for pontiac g8 specific but there's like 100 options

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the same problem;30K mi., new strut mounts, LCAs, radius rods and still a clunk when going slow over bumps. I had some time today so I pulled the sway bar links even tho I could feel no play with weight on or off the wheels. I zip tied the sway bar up and out of the way and went for a drive. After driving over a few hundred bumps...not a peep. Its as quiet as my wife's Toyota (with 70K miles on it). After getting the ends off I can still feel no play in them. Not sure if its the mount bushings or links but since its still under warranty, I will be telling the dealer to replace both.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just ordered mine from Rock Auto.. 21.00 each. Moogs that is.

·
Registered
805 Posts
For $117 you can get both front and rear Whiteline end links from Auto Anything. About $200 less than BMR but possibly a better quality end link than Moog. Does this seem like a good middle ground purchase? I have both front/rear BMR sways ready to be put on, just deciding on wether I should get end links or not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.