1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where you located??

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thats correct! In consideration for allowing me to use your G8 to design the jigs I need for building the H-Pipes/axlebacks I will give the G8 owner the prototypes for free.

Since this is a new board with no history feel free to check me out on www.ls2gto.com

Ive been building this stuff for quite a while...........

Thanks!

S.F.
What diameter pipe you gonna use SF ? 3" is big over here on the VE's....

I have a full system with twin 3" stainless steel catback. Happy to post pics if you would like.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What diameter pipe you gonna use SF ? 3" is big over here on the VE's....

I have a full system with twin 3" stainless steel catback. Happy to post pics if you would like.
Having not seen the OEM system yet, I can only speculate but I am sure its 2.5" piping. My products are meant to be installed in place of the stock components so pipe size must match.

I have built a few 3" H-pipe's for GTO owners who were installing a custom 3" system.

Too bad you guys are half a world away! Otherwise I'd just have someone ship me the stock VE system for prototyping............

S.F.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Having not seen the OEM system yet, I can only speculate but I am sure its 2.5" piping. My products are meant to be installed in place of the stock components so pipe size must match.

I have built a few 3" H-pipe's for GTO owners who were installing a custom 3" system.

Too bad you guys are half a world away! Otherwise I'd just have someone ship me the stock VE system for prototyping............

S.F.
The OEM system is a hodge podge of pipes from 2 to 2 1/4" pipes.

I am happy to find an OEM system for you and arrange packaging up etc if you want to pay the freight costs. I assume you just want the catback portion of the exhaust, or do you want the headers and cats too ? Exhaust shops are throwing them away by the hundreds here.

JK

·
Registered
59 Posts
The OEM system is a hodge podge of pipes from 2 to 2 1/4" pipes.

I am happy to find an OEM system for you and arrange packaging up etc if you want to pay the freight costs. I assume you just want the catback portion of the exhaust, or do you want the headers and cats too ? Exhaust shops are throwing them away by the hundreds here.

JK

Is the LHS Rack and Pinion Steering location going to influence the header -engine pipe arrangement.

Mike

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
There are 2 threads devoted to this?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are 2 threads devoted to this?

One thread was old so I didnt realize they were in the same forum when I created the new one. This is a new board for a new car that I am trying to develop products for. Maximum exposure is what is required here....

My work can be found everywhere here: www.ls2gto.com under the same screen name. Please feel free to check me out and see that this is an honest effort and I am not a "spammer"

If I offended anyone by posting doubles, my apollogies.

S.F.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
22 Participants
SOcaliG8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing