Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am wrapping up a formulation for a high gloss , paint reflector spray. I have been working with a close friend who is a Chemist. Testing has shown it to be the BEST product I have ever used on a car. Since its an exclusive formula, it cant be purchased anywhere in the world. ( yet ) !

Key features :

Minimal smell.
Super easy application. ( easier than detail sprays ) Fast wipe for ULTRA quick absorption. No excessive buffing to dissipate.
Repels dust.
Non greasy
Long lasting
SUPER superior shine

This is NOT a detail quick wash type product. It is more of a FINAL coat product. The more applications used the better the shine. There is no UV protection. We have found that the UV additive hinders the usability and final quality of the product. I would like to send out 10 small spray samples FREE of charge to 10 of you guys. All I ask is that you leave an HONEST opinion on a thread I will create. If I get REAL WORLD feedback that demonstrates the product is better than anything out there in its category, I will start off by selling on Ebay./Amazon. If interested let me know either by post response or PM. Please..... the deal for receiving this is to leave feedback. Good , bad, or indifferent.

Once again I will only give away 10 - VERY small spray containers; Enough for a single application . This isnt intended for old abused paint, but more for well taken care of paint condition. Its intended to get you that EXTRA luster and reflection. Cant give an exact date for shipment, but I would say in the next month. I pay shipping !

Thanks.

·
F1rehawk
764 Posts
So this stuff is like wax right? Would you include instructions in the package? I may be interested. I'm from Canada, let me know, I could help you with the market here!

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm in. It'll give me a good reason to detail the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ GT REN - No, its not a wax. You would wax first, then apply as a final stage. Its not a sealant either. It offers no protection. It just ads shine. Very smooth feel to paint. No Teflon.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
So this has added shine better then any of the other products you guys have tested that does offer a protection ? Such as atype of glasscoat ,sealant or carnubba wax.

·
F1rehawk
764 Posts
@ GT REN - No, its not a wax. You would wax first, then apply as a final stage. Its not a sealant either. It offers no protection. It just ads shine. Very smooth feel to paint. No Teflon.
Sounds good Im in!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are MSDS sheets available?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
There is MSDM data. However at this stage of marketing they will not be released. I can furnish partial info on individual basis. Once dry, it's safe to eat food off of.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Pony - No protection what so ever. It is strictly a quick shine enhancer and paint reflection pump spray mist. You might be able to achieve the same shine with a paint sealant. But with a paint sealant you cannot do touch-ups of water spots, and you cannot apply/remove as quick as this product as far as the shine goes, this is why I am leaving it up to the feedback. Keep in mind, this is on a silver car where I did the photos. Silver being the most forgiving color. We have used it on black which as everyone knows is the best color for reflecting and it has really shined well.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are a few picts after application. Who knows .... you guys might use and think its dog crap. But at least I have that feedback. :) It took me 5 min from start to finish. If you actually reduce the 4th image and condense it, I feel it really shows the shine and depth.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Two more photos. . This was after 3 weeks of 2 applications. I would not recommend using it more than once every 5 car washes and I recommend waxing after applying this. We are still working out the best procedure :-(((( I had believed waxing before was advantageous, I have since changed my mind. There needs to be a wax protection to protect the shine, not a shine product to protect the wax ! FYI car has 93 K miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
[y - No protection what so ever. It is strictly a quick shine enhancer and paint reflection pump spray mist. You might be able to achieve the same shine with a paint sealant. But with a paint sealant you cannot do touch-ups of water spots, and you cannot apply/remove as quick as this product as far as the shine goes, this is why I am leaving it up to the feedback. Keep in mind, this is on a silver car where I did the photos. Silver being the most forgiving color. We have used it on black which as everyone knows is the best color for reflecting and it has really shined well./QUOTE]

I understand. What I'm thinking is. If I can achieve the same level of shine via my paint protection process. Then I don't need a product like that. I rarely have issues with hard water and maybe others do. If after I've just washed my car and I find runs down the door from the side view mirror cracks and so on, then I just use a spray wax and a microfiber towel. Now if this product created a higher shine as a finishing product after your final wax , then I'd be interested in putting it to the test.

The amount of effort needed to remove a water spot can differ, depending on how long it's sat on the paint and how hot the paint is. If it's sunny out, water spots can start to form quickly. I've used a hand applicator and a simple wax for some what stubborn spots and have had to use compound and a rotary for those etched in ones. If the spray product removed stubborn, been on there for a long time kinda spots and I wouldn't need a da or rotary, then that would be another reason for me to be all in.

I've been in the detail game for a good 21 years now. Seen a lot of different products and it's awesome the stuff they are coming out with to make the job easier.

Have you guys tested the Maguires Ultimate fast finish spray wax?. I got a can and tried it on a relatives car to see how long it would actually last but she traded it in 4 months in. It did go on and off super easy. Did the whole car in like 12 minutes.

Also wondering what you guys are using to test the level of reflection ? I think there is a tool out there now that can determine the level of shine but id have to rewatch the video I saw that mentioned it. Actually id recommend watching that vid if you haven't seen it before. It's pretty interesting. I'll send link to YouTube video here. Plus I wanna watch it again now. I'm always trying to learn and see new methods. But very leery on who to listen too. There's a lot of bad info out there.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting video. ! My buddy the Chemist believes we like gloss because anything new is not yet oxidized. We associate gloss with new condition vs old condition. In some instances we dont like gloss at all. Thats why manufactures make tire spray with no gloss, interior spray with no gloss, etc. The whole ancestral need for water is a bit much to swallow. I dont want my nails glossy but I sure do like my cell phone screen to be glossy.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Lol. I kinda agreed about the whole water and going back thing. But the rest was what I liked and tried to absorb most. I'd like to think that people like shinny things too. But everyone here seems to like too plastidip and remove anything that's chrome on our cars lol. Go fig

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Well not everyone. I'm exaggerating. But more then what I would have thought don't like the shinny chrome

1 - 20 of 42 Posts