Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting ready to order the H11 morimoto kit and they have some options on their page that I havent seen covered in a post yet.

1. they offer a xb35 (h11b) bulb for an extra $20. has anyone purchased this bulb? is it worth the $20?
2. they offer both the 35w and 50w ballast but it appears (if im reading it right) that they only offer 35w bulbs the XB35 and a 3five option. can I get the 50w ballast with either of these bulbs or can they only handle 35w and the 50w will just be overkill?
3. I seen in some other post about a 9006 harness, only option I see is a H11 harness. just wanted some clarification that this is the one I want?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3955

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
I got my H11 kit and harness from TRS. I also got a set of bulbs from them for my truck.
The best thing you can do is cut/paste your questions and email them to TRS and the guy(s) there can answer your questions better than any one on here.

I love my 4300K bulbs and my 50W ballast for my low beams.

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
Stay with a 35W setup. You can get 55W for our cars, but you'll have to adjust your headlight aim so that you don't blind oncoming traffic. A 35W bulb with at 5-6K which is a whiter color will give you plenty of light. As for the harness, it uses power directly from the battery instead of using the headlight harness. You should use it if you want to keep your DRLs active. If not, pull the fuse. As for the brand, I'm not to familiar with them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would personally go for the harness or else you may have some minor issues when starting the car and both lights turning on. This happened to me.
I went with a 35w 5000k hid kit and I like it but I do wish I had the 55w kit so the light was more of a crisp white. Anything over 4300k is going to have a slightly blueish hue. But that is all preference. The 5000k would appear more white with a 55w kit but as derekprz said you may have to aim the headlights so they have a lower cut off.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Interesting. If you compare the pictures of the regular Morimoto H11 bulbs and these XB35 bulbs, the return wire is on the opposite side. The return wire on the Morimotos ends up creating a shadow in the beam pattern. The wire on the XB35 should be behind the cutoff shield resulting in a cleaner looking pattern. Might pick a set of these up!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered my kit today from TRS. They are very helpful and actually ended up knowing Zach because we graduated the same yr and same high school....small world!
He reccomended not using the xb35 bulbs for the g8 because something to do with the projector would cause a ground shadow.

Yes the bulbs are 35w bulbs but he said they can handle the 50w ballast at the expense of a little longevity of the bulbs and they they would definitely would be brighter.

He said the H11 harness is essentialy a 9006 harness with a H11 adapter and that I could remove the adapter and have a 9006 harness

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.