Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will be home from the shop in a day or so. Anyone have any advice on paint protection that I can do myself.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light ceramic composite coating. Cquartz is also good.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah a good quality sealant will go a long ways. Being that your paint job is fresh, check with the painter on how long you can go before applying any products on your paint. Depending on the painter's setup, the paint may need some additional curing time outside the booth. Once you get the okay I would apply a polish then sealant to lock it all in.

I know you said something you can do yourself, but you may also want to invest in a clear bra/wrap on the front end of your car (front fascia, headlights, hood, fenders, quarter panels, side view mirrors, etc...). Awesome product to save your freshly painted car from gathering a bunch of rock chips.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
What kind of protection do you want? Coatings won't prevent chips or scratches. Real protection comes from a PPF like Expel.

·
doing stuff and things
534 Posts
I know you said something you can do yourself, but you may also want to invest in a clear bra/wrap on the front end of your car (front fascia, headlights, hood, fenders, quarter panels, side view mirrors, etc...). Awesome product to save your freshly painted car from gathering a bunch of rock chips.
bingo

·
Superior Surveyor
244 Posts
I coated mine in CQuartz Ceramic Coating, came out amazing and after four months is still holding up like day one!

060A8179.jpg

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
What 5.7 Reasons said : )

Clear bra i hear is pricey. But maybe worth it if you have fresh paint.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Did you have a cuatom paint job done or did you stay with the white?

Thought I'd share.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you seal or wax your paint before it has cured, you can kiss that paint job goodbye.

The ONLY thing that you do to fresh paint is wash it until it has cured. ONLY THE PAINTER KNOWS HOW LONG THAT WILL TAKE.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Xpel the front end, rocker panels and mirrors then a coating like C Quartz the rest of the car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts