Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from a complete tear-down and repaint. The factory paint was just worn out, scratched, chipped, etc... after 70K. Went back with the sexiest color offered on the G8 - PSM. Also had the intake cover painted/ hydro-dipped. Going to do some more dress up under the hood and some suspension work after the first of the year.

The original paint was less than 2 mils. Now, the clear coat is double that, and it shows. It's deep and shiny now, and should last a long time. Plus, it's all one color.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Paint looksgreat, but that intake cover doesnt match the rest of the car though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree, paint looks good but blue/skulls I'm not too sure about. It'd look pretty good in my new SBM so dibbs on that if you want to trade or sell lol

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
Looks great!
How much did it run you?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine cover wasn't supposed to match the car exactly. It's supposed to be an accent piece, and looks better in person. My iphone doesn't do the best at capturing colors.

I worked out the paint job in trade with a buddy of mine who owns a body shop. They did an estimate for me before they started and it would have been about $4500 total in cash. They stripped the whole car down and did it right.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, originally PSM. I love it because they're aren't that many of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
hivoltagedriver
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing