Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to a gas station to top off for a weekend trip. It was the first nice day in a really long time so I was going way out of my way for gas, taking the expressway to outskirts of town. It's a six lane highway so I was cruising in the right lane when I see two sets of headlights weaving through traffic.

Come to find out it is a Dodge 2500 Diesel and a little Evo with a loud, annoying exhaust and a lot of turbo noise and they are going at it in little punches. I let them pass me and follow them out of town. I am thinking they noticed me and they slowed down and motioned me into the right lane. We are out in the sticks now so there isn't much for traffic so I play along. The first punch was from a 65 roll, which is probably the worst speed for me to launch from. The truck was next to me got the jump and got about half a car/truck on me before my revs got into the powerband. I couldn't see the Evo beside the track, but I started pulling pretty quick on the truck once I was in the powerband. I put about three cars on the truck and maybe 1 1/2 on the Evo by 100 when I shut it down.

The truck gave the thumbs up and pulled off on his exit, leaving just the Evo and myself. We do two pulls from 45-50 and each one started and ended the same. He honked off both pulls and I buried him each time so it was not much of a contest. The best part about it is that his co-pilot was a pretty hot blonde and gave me the thumbs up every time we ran. They were great sports and I turned off to head back towards the gas station.

The fun doesn't stop there, though. This gas station is off the main expressway and when I was getting back on, I was stopped at a light with a double turn lane onto the on-ramp. The right lane ends and merges into the left. I was sitting on the left, when a new Subi WRX pulls up next to me and I know he is going to try and gun it by me. The light goes green, we coast onto the ramp and I hear him punch it so I return the favor and never saw him get past my rear bumper. I put about four cars or so on him before I let off and went on towards home.

Last kill of the night was when I was turning off the expressway and waiting at the light to turn down the main drag to home. Another double turn lane, but this one stays a two laner. Brand new Mustang 5.0 pulls up next to me and gooses the throttle at me. I return the favor, feeling pretty confident after all the fun I had earlier. The light turns green and we make our turn. Right as I straighten out, we punch it together. First gear is dead even and I start pulling him in second. This is a city street so we both shut it down before 65-70, but by that time I had maybe a car or a little less on him. He waves and we both just cruised to our destinations. Not sure he was shifting very well, but I couldn't hear him over the Solo Mach Shorties. I assume he was still getting used to the car because it still had the dealer tag on it.

A full winter of nothing but snow and nastiness and I get a night like this to start the Spring off with. Good way to start the weekend!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Man ,busy night lol. Way to slaughter and represent.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
VERY very nice there!

·
Arrival
183 Posts
I dream of nights like that. I can barely even get the ricers to race me. Apparently only high school kids want to race this car.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Sounds fun. Those new mustangs run well. Suck to work on though... Just did a clutch, drive shaft, and a bunch if suspension work on an 11 gt.
They are fun to work on.... especially headers, nothing like lifting the engine to do it. Not sure I'm going that route yet. Also suspension work is much worse on the G8 than the 5.0 especially the rear, solid rear FTW!

OP some good times it seems were had by you. Some great kills, and seems like you enjoyed yourself! Out of curiosity was it an M6 or A6 5.0 or could you not hear it over that sweet exhaust sound? Either way keep on tearing up those streets.

I love these kill stories as of late with people still having their paper tags on lol.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I couldn't tell for sure on the 5.0. It sounded really freaking sweet at the line, though. Almost made me want to go get one. The loudest out of all of them was that 2500. I know those things can put down some incredible numbers and I'd be worried to run them from a dig, but on a roll race, that brick is its own worst enemy.

I'm itching to race my buddy's Roush Blackjack #1 that he has been babying since he got it. It's stock so I think I can squeak by him.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nice Kills.

I dream of nights like that. I can barely even get the ricers to race me. Apparently only high school kids want to race this car.
Same here. I only seem to get people that want to race when I have my family in the car so I don't get to do anything.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Wow, busy night, indeed! Taking a 5.0 with your light mods is most impressive, even if it was a brand-brand-new car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts