Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
That is a fully loaded estimate; and is probably accurate for dealers who mark-up their cars near 20%.

I think it is more likely to see a manufacturer MSRP of 33,000 with an optioned car, plus a healthy mark-up bringing the price to 36000 - 37000. Which is close enough to 40,000 (est).

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
LS2, they STILL can't get it right.

Thanks for posting, I don't think I've gotten my issue yet.

·
Mmmm... perfect!
208 Posts
Lots of error in that R&T article. Like PMD said, the G8 GT is NOT getting the LS2, it is getting the L76 6.0L V8 with MDS. Also, they noted it will have an optional six-speed manual transmission, and that seems more and more unlikely for MY 2008. Lastly, they are high on the price. It seems to me that a loaded G8 GT will MSRP for close to $35k. Dealers might change that figure a little with "market adjustments" and all their stupid dealer "options," but I wouldn't count on paying too much more than $35k MSRP for a pretty-well loaded G8 GT.

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7456&postcount=76

MSRP for a fully loaded GT, including sport package and sunroof = $32,745 (summer tires only)

drop teh sport package, but add all-seasons and you can buy (at MSRP) a GT for $32,295

Both prices include shipping, but not dealer markup. You cannot without adding dealer-installed accessories go over $33k MSRP on a G8.

I'll bet due to print schedules the R&T guide went to press in August, long before price announcements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts