Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning and loving my '09 Sport Red V6 for the past three years, I finally took the step up into a lightly used, bone stock, loaded '09 Maverick Silver GT! It feels like its gonna take some time to get used to the added weight and power, I used to throw the V6 around like it was nothing, but the GT feels like a totally different animal!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Any modifications planned for the GT? Don't forget to update the signature.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plenty planned, as soon as I can replenish funds. Already have a Superchips on the way. Most important to me is the DOD hardware delete, I'd rather save up and do that before I start modding like crazy. And sig changes are coming soon!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Congrats!

The Fe2 dampers (struts and shocks) kinda sucked from the factory. Upgrade them and the GT will feel planted. (I upgraded with PPVs)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats nice upgrade;enjoy

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Thought about doing this but like my V6 too much.
Plus given the age of our cars now, 10 years old, I'll be reluctantly going in a new direction come time to replace my G8.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
GT doesn't weigh significantly more than the V6, but certainly has much more power, and get similar mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
If memory is correct, the curb weight difference is around 100 pounds.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are both right, its only about 100 lb difference, but I can definitely feel it. Guess I'll have to take a proper day and play in the twisties with her!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thought about doing this but like my V6 too much.
Plus given the age of our cars now, 10 years old, I'll be reluctantly going in a new direction come time to replace my G8.
Same here regarding the new direction.

Plus, let's be honest...in our area here, a V8 isn't going to do us any good anyway. V6 or V8, in GTA stop-and-go traffic, they both crawl at the same speed anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm pretty sure I bought your old V6. I was browsing V6 threads and noticed that car looked familiar. I saw the Barlow plate and that's where I got it over the summer. She's in good hands!

·
Registered
29 Posts
After six years driving and modifying my Liquid Red Base G8, and buying another Magnetic Grey Base to keep bone stock, I decided to buy a Pacific Slate Blue GXP. Huge difference in the personalities of these vehicles. The GXP is a great road cruiser that can easily hold its own at a light or over a long stretch, while the red Base does better on the back roads, curves, and hills of SWPA and SEOH. The only thing better than owning and driving a G8 is having multiple examples to choose to drive each day!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Please clarify the above statement.
To what extent? The V6 is lighter in the front, and handles better on tight curves, especially reverse curves. Since there's mostly short straight stretches, it accelerates well enough with the modifications that have been performed. It also brakes better, both due to lighter weight and modifications. The V8 does better in straight lines and long distances. It's heavier weight allows for better ride quality on the highway.

·
SUSP3CT
883 Posts
The GXP is a much better car than the base model, in every single aspect...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The GXP is a much better car than the base model, in every single aspect...
In stock form, I agree. Having had my red Base longer, it has had more handling and braking upgrades than I've done on the GXP. The GXP had a lot of "go fast" upgrades before I bought it, but not much for handling or braking. Since I don't intend to use it like I do the Base, the GXP will be fine as is.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Pretty cool you have the choice of three G8's to drive on any given occasion. Do you plan on keeping all three long-term?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts