Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning and loving my '09 Sport Red V6 for the past three years, I finally took the step up into a lightly used, bone stock, loaded '09 Maverick Silver GT! It feels like its gonna take some time to get used to the added weight and power, I used to throw the V6 around like it was nothing, but the GT feels like a totally different animal!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Any modifications planned for the GT? Don't forget to update the signature.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plenty planned, as soon as I can replenish funds. Already have a Superchips on the way. Most important to me is the DOD hardware delete, I'd rather save up and do that before I start modding like crazy. And sig changes are coming soon!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Congrats!

The Fe2 dampers (struts and shocks) kinda sucked from the factory. Upgrade them and the GT will feel planted. (I upgraded with PPVs)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats nice upgrade;enjoy

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Thought about doing this but like my V6 too much.
Plus given the age of our cars now, 10 years old, I'll be reluctantly going in a new direction come time to replace my G8.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
GT doesn't weigh significantly more than the V6, but certainly has much more power, and get similar mileage.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If memory is correct, the curb weight difference is around 100 pounds.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are both right, its only about 100 lb difference, but I can definitely feel it. Guess I'll have to take a proper day and play in the twisties with her!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thought about doing this but like my V6 too much.
Plus given the age of our cars now, 10 years old, I'll be reluctantly going in a new direction come time to replace my G8.
Same here regarding the new direction.

Plus, let's be honest...in our area here, a V8 isn't going to do us any good anyway. V6 or V8, in GTA stop-and-go traffic, they both crawl at the same speed anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
KNTRDR
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing