Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're interested I'm selling the Solo V6 axle backs I have, let me know if you want them.
How did it sound with those and the X pipe? I like the sound now, a little louder would be nice but not super droney. I would definitely be interested though.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I put an X pipe on mine last fall I didn't hear any appreciable difference.
The flex pipes at the muffler flanges rotted out a few months later and they welded in straight pipes to the mufflers,
did notice a change after this was done. Seemed to flow better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put an X pipe on mine last fall I didn't hear any appreciable difference.
The flex pipes at the muffler flanges rotted out a few months later and they welded in straight pipes to the mufflers,
did notice a change after this was done. Seemed to flow better.
Mine already has an X pipe, i was wondering how the Solo axle backs would pair with those.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Sorry mis-understood.
A few owners up here have put V8 axle backs on they're V6's, it didn't appeal to me, too loud/hollow for my liking.
I've never heard a V6 with the V6 axle back/muffler combo so can't compare.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
ex
How did it sound with those and the X pipe? I like the sound now, a little louder would be nice but not super droney. I would definitely be interested though.
These are from the x pipe Solo setup. If I remember the Solos were a bit loud, but I can't remember if they were droney.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
IMO the Fe2s that came from the factory sucked from day 1. So a V6 with similar shocks and less weight in front would handle better. To stir the pot, my GT with PPV dampers was nailed down as I flung it thru the countless switch backs of the smoky mountains.
I would love to get my hands on a set of PPV struts, I keep seeing that they make the car feel so much better.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts