Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 09 G8 got about a year now and last month I started noticing rattle/noise coming from the front end. Through research I read that break often move with-in the caliper bracket. So, I jacked-up the car and sure enough the Brakes pads seemed lose move with out unbolting anything. So I have changed caliper bolts and pins, I have changed brake pads several times, and the clips along with it. The noise continues and it's worse in the mornings when is cold. I'm looking to change the Caliper Brackets but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Does any have any idea where I may be able to find them or any suggesting on how to fix this noise.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I personally can't find brake caliper brackets being sold by themselves (as of yet) I can see that places like Autozone an O'Reilly's will sell you refurbished calipers "with" the bracket for about $ 62 to $ 73 for each side. At least they come with a life time guarantee that you could exercise at any time you feel that something "may" be wrong with them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you tried some "disc brake quiet" sprays or lubricant. I think these help considerably. Try applying it to some of the brake components and observe if it helps reduce the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts