Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got the 4 pot CTS-V calipers installed behind my 18" stock rims. I can't wait to get new rubber to go on my 19" stock rims. I'm running 20mm spacers which pushed the wheels out to the edge of the fenders.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Glad to see others doing it also. The 18s with Brembos on the rear is a tight fit. I'm using 15mm spacers. Very tight fit around the wheel weights on rears. Probably gonna shred the weights off. I only use the 18s on the track though.

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
ghodge, what studs did you end up using?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to bleed the brakes again as the pedal is softer than with the stock brakes. I have stock studs. I just used an angle grinder to cut off the nonthreaded tips of the studs.

·
Administrator
4,922 Posts
I need to bleed the brakes again as the pedal is softer than with the stock brakes. I have stock studs. I just used an angle grinder to cut off the nonthreaded tips of the studs.
Did you grind off the nonthreaded part just for aesthetics?

Also do you have a link for where you got the spacers. I may end up using my stock 18s as drag wheels since it is fairly easy to make them fit over brembos.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the spacers off highvoltage. I had to trim the studs because they extend past the surface of the adapter and would have hit the back of the wheel had they not been trimmed. I'll try to figure out where he got the adapters.

·
Registered
259 Posts
ghodge

do you have any pics showing the side view?

also, how was it to change the wheel studs? did you use a wheel stud tool or just the old school way?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just put mine on last weekend. They are amazing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I added a side view picture to the first post. I used adapters so I ended up cutting off the non threaded parts of the studs. After the second bleeding, the pedal has a nice feel. Now if I can just fix the annoying knocking of the brake pads during initial braking, i'll be almost perfectly happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.