Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting ready to sell my 2008 G8/GT. The bottom has seen to many curbs. So who has the best price for the front bumper cover, part number 92250666?

The cheapest I've is $643 including shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
That's cheaper (including shipping) than the ones I found. Any idea how much it will cost to paint and have it mounted? Both paint and labor prices have gone "through the roof".

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cheaper (including shipping) than the ones I found. Any idea how much it will cost to paint and have it mounted? Both paint and labor prices have gone "through the roof".
With me purchasing the bumper the total cost for everything would be $1277. I've used this shop before and they do good work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seems like a good parts price. Is it OEM? A couple years ago I got a price of $895 from my local GMC dealer. By the way, the dealer told me GM's practice is to make the part through 2018 (10 years) and that stock should then be available through 2022. Not sure his basis for that, but certainly OEM ones will become NLA someday. Rufas - where did you get your $643 quote? I may just get one and put it in the attic as (I think) my G8 is a long-term keeper.

·
Premium Member
4,324 Posts
I see that Amazon has one left that comes from a GM parts source (GMPARTSFIRST) for $643 an free shipping. Sounds like it will become the last one available from them

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Once upon a time, GM Parts Direct (FLOW) was notorious for coupling low parts prices with exorbitant shipping charges. Exorbitant as in unreasonably high, but by now perchance things have changed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking for a bumper cover too. Interesting that GMPARTSFIRST sells through Amazon for $643 w/ free shipping. However, ordering direct from their website is $599 + $168 shipping (to Wisconsin.) GMPartsDirect is $596 + $215 shipping. The shipping costs don't seem out of control, especially if it's crated up and sent via ground. Makes me wonder how Amazon can eat that cost.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If it’s like the Grand Prix front end, it comes with no packaging. They just put a shipping label on the bumper and ship. It did have the plastic wrap on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts