Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Sport Red Metallic 2009 GT that is in pretty much perfect shape, except this. Tons of tiny imperfections in the front bumper, particularly on the lower parts.

My question is whether it can be repaired or if I would be better off getting it repainted. If it can be repaired, how would I go about it?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Before spending money on paint, I suggest trying Turtle Wax Color Magic. I can't say for sure how it works on dark red, but I have used it on several black cars with phenomenal results. My GXP got a few chips on the 1,800 mile drive to and from LS Fest last year and I used this to cover them up. Last weekend I put it on the front end of the used ATS we just bought. The bumper was peppered with white spots. 10 minutes later they are only visible if you look real hard and real close.

Before

After

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
If you want to have it look perfect you'll have to repaint it. If you are just looking for better, then I'd say dr color chips.

The turtle wax will be ok but you'll need to reapply. It's not metal ,so you dont have to worry about metal rusting

Option 3 would be to wait for someone dip sh*t to back into the bumper and have his insurance pay for things. 🙂

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Dr colorchip
Lanka
Body shop

These are the best 3 choices

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I've done mine twice. First time I bought duplicolor and lanka blob remover. Second time the more expensive dr. colorchip kit. Both are certainty bandaids but do a decent job of hiding the chip from 5'. Anything closer and you'll be disappointed.

I guess in general I'd say that a chip kit is worth the $50 or so, but if you're absolutely set on perfection you'll need a repaint. I think I ultimately went for chip kits because the paint on the g8 sucks so bad that I knew I'd just keep getting more, no matter how much I babied her.

check out autogeek for some good detailed advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts