Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone hit my G8 GXP on the front end. Not hit terribly hard, but wrinkled the corner where the hood, driver fender and bumper cover meet. Hood and fender are readily available, but front bumper cover is no where to be found. Any leads on a GXP bumper cover?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, will a GT bumper fit the same as a GXP? Obviously it won't look the same or "proper", but I'm going on 2 months since an A-hole ran a red light and tagged me. Love my GXP, but its not a garage queen and I'm about fed up with it not being fixed due to parts. I know Holden no longer exists and my car is a rare orphan... but 2 months without your super cool daily starts to make you look at things practically.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Yes it will. I have a complete front GT an GXP fascia setupboth for my GT. I have the GXP version on my car (at present), But if it were to sustain some level of damage to it, I can perform a quick swap out an keep on going ,while figuring out how to fix the damaged GXP fascia (if it were to ever happen).

·
Registered
468 Posts
You might have to look at remans

This wrecker does show one as of today

H F Auto Parts
11975 Branford Street
Sun Valley, CA 91352 phone: 818-834-2000

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
For something that you say appears to no longer available (brand new in the box GXP front fascias), its amazing the number of discount GM dealers still selling it. Course they go for $850 an up, plus probably tax an a couple of hundred dollars for shipping.to your door. An then the paint to match bill on top of that. But for sure they don't say "discontinued" Refurbished an painted to match fascias as posted above, maybe even be a better buy.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Are they really in stock? Often, I find a site lists in stock until you purchase it. Then next day a canceled order appears. I suggest op contact Greg Was @ pace performance {GM dealer}. If it's availible, he will know.

Reactions: bracketracer

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great leads. Thank you! And so far, JCMG8 is correct. They show stock but when you go to buy it they are “out of stock”. Dealership connections don’t show any available and they can peruse each other’s inventory.

I don’t want aftermarket parts on my car, but that may be better than a real GT bumper.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
There are no aftermarket bumper covers. OEM, rebuilt, or used.

Reactions: bracketracer

·
Premium Member
6,433 Posts
Might be worthwhile to reach out to wolfman1192 here on the forum and best of fortune in the search.

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
00 or more.
You might have to look at remans

This wrecker does show one as of today

H F Auto Parts
11975 Branford Street
Sun Valley, CA 91352 phone: 818-834-2000

techlaf, based on your situation, I would try to scoop up that reman cover! There are less than a dozen OEM covers left at dealerships around the country, and the last I heard costs for just the unpainted cover were $900 or more. It would be a shame to throw a GT front bumper cover on a genuine GXP if there are GXP covers to be had.

BTW, I don't see your screen name noted in The G8 GXP Registry when I scan it. If you drop me a PM with the last 6 digits of your VIN, I will give you all the specific production info for your car. I am the organizer/maintainer of The G8 GXP Registry, and have tracked down every GXP ever produced, and I now have owners documented for over 40% of them as well. Please get in touch with me. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My body shop is going to try to repair it and I'm going to let him try. I'll try and post a before and after shot.

bracketracer I will get my info. to you

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd say that the GT bumper looks better than GXP to start with. I even considered replacing mine to the GT version and then decided to not bother about it :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
My body shop is going to try to repair it and I'm going to let him try. I'll try and post a before and after shot.
Is this not insurance ?

Did you bother contacting the wrecker that lists one with no damage ?

·
Premium Member
6,433 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts

bracketracer I will get my info. to you
Did you get a chance to send me the last 6 digits of your VIN yet? I don't seem to have you in the G8 GXP Registry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Someone hit my G8 GXP on the front end. Not hit terribly hard, but wrinkled the corner where the hood, driver fender and bumper cover meet. Hood and fender are readily available, but front bumper cover is no where to be found. Any leads on a GXP bumper cover?
Are you willing to sell the bumper you have as is?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I couldn't find a new replacement GXP bumper so I had the body shop repair what I had. It wasn't really that bad and it looks great now. All of the listed new GXP bumper listings are ghosts. They don't actually exist as far as I could find.

FYI: Not related to my front bumper issue, I can no longer find the factory rear spoiler new. And the (2) fake plastic hood scoops are hard to find as well.

·
Premium Member
6,433 Posts
...And the (2) fake plastic hood scoops are hard to find as well.
For what it's worth, currently there's a thread in the parts for sale with the hood scoops.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts