Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new here and have been doing a lot of reading through the threads. I do not mean to beat a dead horse here but I got some conflicting info from Weld and would like some input so I don't order the wrong set of wheels.
My question is:
I am looking at buying some Weld S77 Black 18X9 Front wheels and want to know if anyone is running 18X9 on their fronts and if so what size tire? My car has stock suspension but I will be installing the 4 piston Brembo brake kit on the fronts only. I called Weld and spoke with someone at tech support because everything I am reading in the threads is to use the Weld fitment chart for Cadillac CTS-V not the Pontiac G8 fitment chart. I explained to the person I spoke to at Weld that I will be installing the Brembo 4 piston front brake kit and he said NOT to use the Cadillac chart and gave me a Weld part # of 77MB8090N72A which is for the Pontiac G8 18X9 (rear wheel only fitment per the Weld chart). Now I don't know if he didn't understand it was for the front wheel and not the rear wheels? Any help on which Weld wheel part # I should be ordering to clear the Brembo's for a 18X9 wheel would be very much appreciated or opinions on whether to go with a 18X8 or 8.5 instead. Thank You!

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
You need to add the offset number too. Can’t be sure it fits without it. If you are using the stock size 8.5 is optimal for the 245 tire width and +38mm is perfect. Doesn’t reduce inside clearance. Moves the edge out 15mm towards the fender lip but won’t hit it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to add the offset number too. Can’t be sure it fits without it. If you are using the stock size 8.5 is optimal for the 245 tire width and +38mm is perfect. Doesn’t reduce inside clearance. Moves the edge out 15mm towards the fender lip but won’t hit it.
Cadillac CTS fitment states 28 offset on 18x9 and 15 offset with 18x8. Pontiac fitment states 43 offset on 18x8 and 56 offset on 18x9 but also says "rear wheel only" for the 18x9

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Screw stock. Our stock rims don’t have enough offset. CTS V wheels often need spacers to keep from rubbing on the struts. Best tool you can put on your favourites list is a Wheel offset calculator. I liked the look and handling with 15mm spacers. Figured out it matches an 18 x 8.5 +38.

Almost flush with the fenders and no rubbing

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I also looked on Summit. With offsets between 33 and 58 none of the 18x 9 rims would fit.
This is my choice. 18 x 8.5. Same load rating, 1/3 the price and 18.45 lbs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also looked on Summit. With offsets between 33 and 58 none of the 18x 9 rims would fit.
This is my choice. 18 x 8.5. Same load rating, 1/3 the price and 18.45 lbs
View attachment 183350
I like the looks of those but the problem is I already bought 17x10 Weld S77 rear wheels because I got a great deal on them from a guy that won them at a raffle last Fall. So I want them to be the same. I found a post from MGMGXP who has the setup that I am looking for. I sent him a message to see what size his fronts are. This car is getting expensive!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My front Welds are 18x5. I use them only at the track. Just go with a V2 fitment and you'll be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts