Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have several items left over from my V2 conversion for sale:

**READ DISCRIPTION FIRST**

(1) I have a 09+ CTS-V Right Front Caliper 6-pot powdercoated Yellow by Mike with HSV logos that at was damaged (Repairable) during installation for sale. These where only mounted and never driven on. While installing the banjo bolt was backed off to move over to install the bridge bolt and re-torqued to spec in doing so the bolt became wet and lubricated the bolt causing it to become over torqued and strip out the banjo threads. Instead of waiting to get this fixed, I ordered another caliper had it painted and installed it because its my wife's DD.

Even though damaged it can be repaired by most machine shops. Eidolon (on other forum) had the same issue and he was able to fix it. I would of fixed it but needed it ASAP for my DD, only reason I just replaced it. It takes is a (M10x1.0) Time-Sert "metal insert", doing this will make this caliper better than the oem aluminum threads (most high-end calipers like Baer and Wilwood come with metal inserts for their threads). If you are looking to do the CTS-V 6-pot project here is a cheap caliper for hundreds less than new. If you know what these go for new you know they aren't cheap, when you can find them + the powdercoating, that means that there is a lot of meat on the bone to get these fixed.

SOLD

(2) I have a full set (front and rear) of Red MGP Caliper Covers for a Pontiac G8 GT I have had on the car since new. They are as bright as the day they were installed (only minor scratches), powdercoated red, simple to install, easy to clean, and lasted a lot longer than painting you calipers. The best thing they control the brake dust, my wheels collected as much brake dust in three years with these installed as I gained in three weeks of my new system. New these go for $180 for a set.
SOLD

(3) Three years ago bought a Front Rotor Set of Camaro SS oem Brembo take-off rotors that came from a SLP. I re-painted the rotor hats again with gray caliper paint to prevent rusting, and they are like new. SLP states that they were removed from New Camaros with about 10 miles on the Odometer. They are not cheap to ship (55lbs for both) so please bare with the shipping charges. The shipping charges need to be calculated, otherwise a local pickup would be preferred, SOLD.

I will also include with the rotors a FREE (worth $10) 14mm drill bit to drill out your front knuckles to install the Camaro front Brembo Calipers. Its not perfect but it will get the job done.
Given Away

Prices are as listed, but I'm willing to accept offers.

Also, if you are local G8 STL owns I will give away my GT oem calipers, rotors, and pad set up for FREE. Just have to pick them up because I will not ship.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Thanks for the Bump...Rotors & Caliper sold, Caliper Covers still for sale

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have my MGP Caliper Covers for sale

NEW LOWER PRICE bump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
soup070
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing