Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
If you are sure that it is thawed out (in case it had been frozen ), you could thump on the skin outboard of the actuator location, while you keep punching the *door unlock* button on the fob. Maybe you'll get lucky an hear that actuator retract its locking pin (one more time for you). If your successful, you best get into that area of the trunk, an disconnect the electrical connector to that actuator (to keep it in the retracted/unlock mode). That would give you some time to study the actuator an maybe perform an improvised fix. Or to give yourself the time to buy an install a new actuator (if that becomes the required fix). P/N 92287825 for about $68 an up (from various GM sources).

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Thanks for telling us what fixed it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
A little WD-40 might serve as a preventive from time to time. Thanks for the info on your "fix".

grandpop09

2 G8s: 2009 PBM GT w/73K, 2008 IOM GT w/67K and every option plus additional accessories; 2009 Solstice GXP - Red, w/GM tune, w/47K---love'm all.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I was the dummy that tried to open mine when the car was locked and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't open....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was the dummy that tried to open mine when the car was locked and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't open....
Ha, first time I went for gas I pulled up on the wrong side. Then got on the correct side and didn't know how the cover opened. So used to the old Grand Prix with the pull open door. Anyway, had to pull off to the side and Google "How do I open 09 G8GT fuel door", I felt like such an idiot!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yeah, thankfully GOPHERIT clued me into gas door operation or I would have needed a new gas door or there'd still be no gas in the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are sure that it is thawed out (in case it had been frozen ), you could thump on the skin outboard of the actuator location, while you keep punching the door unlock button on the fob. Maybe you'll get lucky an hear that actuator retract its locking pin (one more time for you). If your successful, you best get into that area of the trunk, an disconnect the electrical connector to that actuator (to keep it in the retracted/unlock mode). That would give you some time to study the actuator an maybe perform an improvised fix. Or to give yourself the time to buy an install a new actuator (if that becomes the required fix). P/N 92287825 for about $68 an up (from various GM sources).
I just wanted to say thanks GOPHERIT. I just found myself at the gas station unable to open the fuel cover. I thumped along the edge of the body where it meets the fuel cover until I heard the actuator retract. That allowed me to get the cover open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts