Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on going boosted here shortly, with a goal of 6-700whp, and was wondering what kind of fuel system I would need to sustain it. I really don't wanna go fore route as it's very pricey, however I stumbled across a pump that should use the same bucket as OEM? I was wondering if this would be a decent pump for my goals or I need to bite the bullet on an expensive setup, thanks

Pump in mind: DeatschWerks 9-307-1018 DeatschWerks DW300c Compact Fitment Fuel Pumps | Summit Racing

·
Registered
172 Posts
The stock CTS-V V2 FUEL PUMP (has 2 190lph pumps) is a good option and you can also upgrade/replace the pumps w/those DW300C pumps along with using a VaporWorx PWM kit.

ALM performance also makes an updated fuel hat for the oem V2 fuel pump.

There are a couple new options.
AI system looks very nice made specifically for the G8:

DW also has a new kit out fir Camaro (same as G8) :

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
If you were going to stay near LSA/ZL1 power levels that single pump would be Ok. Going well above the 600 mark might be a little slim on volume.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Fueling is one place where you don't cheap out as you will pay later. CTSV pump with vaporworks boost reference PWM controller at a minimum. Most of all, OP needs to determine is goals and work backwards from there. 700whp is ctsv pumps, will need injectors to match.

You can do the math which will derive the correct answer or you can ask a complete stranger on the internet for an opinion.

Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC)
How to Estimate Your Engine's Required Fuel Flow. (cantonracingproducts.com)
Calculators - Injector Flow Calculator - Raceworks
Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC) – x-engineer.org

Caveat Emptor

Reactions: Ramblerman

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went with the ctsv2, alm hat and dw300c in place of the stock ones. Fairly cheap, and fairly simple to install.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock CTS-V V2 FUEL PUMP (has 2 190lph pumps) is a good option and you can also upgrade/replace the pumps w/those DW300C pumps along with using a VaporWorx PWM kit.

ALM performance also makes an updated fuel hat for the oem V2 fuel pump.

There are a couple new options.
AI system looks very nice made specifically for the G8:

DW also has a new kit out fir Camaro (same as G8) :

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah i was really hoping to keep the same housing and whatnot, would you really need a dual pump setup for around 9-10psi? I figured the dw300 alone moves more gas than a zl1 pump so I would be fine?

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Lone Star State
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
347 Posts
Yeah i was really hoping to keep the same housing and whatnot, would you really need a dual pump setup for around 9-10psi? I figured the dw300 alone moves more gas than a zl1 pump so I would be fine?
Are you saying you want 9-10 PSI additional?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
PSI is a measure of the restriction of airflow through the motor. it is not the driver of how large a fuel pump you require for safe operation. Your target HP goal which is determined by heads, cam and blower capability drive the pump size. Once you know the power you are looking for, BFSC will tell you the fuel flow required. Use the math, you can trust it - there is no guessing or opinion.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
5gen Camaro, 2nd Gen CTSV and G8 fuel pump bucket assemblies are physically interchangeable. The differences are in fuel control and level sending units. Have a look at ALM's fuel hat to reduce restriction at fuel outlet and Vaporworxs for controller.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
As a drop in pump, you want the 9-307-1026. This way it comes with the proper filter for the bottom of the pump

Circle Font Gas Petal Logo

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
With return? You still SBE?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
With return? You still SBE?
Yes, with return. I haven't been SBE since I bought the car in 2012. It went straight to LPE for a forged 417 shortblock. Drove it NA for a couple of years, then added the AGP TT kit. Refreshed the motor 2 years ago, did the powertrain earlier this year and will do the fuel system this winter.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
TK trans - ship yours for rebuild or returned as core? Trans driving with confidence?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
TK trans - ship yours for rebuild or returned as core? Trans driving with confidence?
A friend of mine had bought a LS3/6L80 for a project, but he wasn't going to use the trans, so I sent that in as a core. He already had a built one ready to ship when I ordered.
I haven't driven it yet. Tuner says it drives great. It got late in the season so I just told him to keep it and address the next weakest link over the winter, which is the fuel system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts