Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sorry it would only let me post one picture. These are 4 Delco solid rotors. Brand new front and rear pads. Front and rear pad pins and pressure plates as well as all 4 calipers are included. Price include shipped cost.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
View attachment 179174

Sorry it would only let me post one picture. These are 4 Delco solid rotors. Brand new front and rear pads. Front and rear pad pins and pressure plates as well as all 4 calipers are included. Price include shipped cost.
From what vehicle are these calipers from?

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just to confirm, rotor and pads new but calipers and hardware used? Did they come with the rotor hats painted black or did someone paint them - the oem SS ones are great/silver. How many miles on the SS when calipers removed? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rotors are new too I just use them to test fit on a shop car I powder coated the hats Black because I liked it better than the gray. Rotors have 0 miles on them.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Just to confirm, rotor and pads new but calipers and hardware used? Did they come with the rotor hats painted black or did someone paint them - the oem SS ones are great/silver. How many miles on the SS when calipers removed? Thanks.
2015 are silver, 2016 and 2017 are red.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
2015 up SS sedan. The rotors are from the same. SS sedan. These are direct bolt on for a G8
This isn't true. The bolt holes on the G8 need to be widened to 14 mm from 12 mm up front.

These used to be silver they are recoated in Ferrari red with white lettering.
Power coat or paint?

Maybe paint since you painted the bolts as well. And those "Brembo" logos don't look like the right size.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do custom brakes for G8s these sold but here’s examples of my previous work. Every kit is custom. I’m new to this forum but not new to the G8 community.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pads are not being painted those red ones come that way. The bolts get painted because I use them to hold the caliper still during the process of redoing them. Paint doesn’t effect the bolts in anyway

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pads are not being painted those red ones come that way. The bolts get painted because I use them to hold the caliper still during the process of redoing them. Paint doesn’t effect the bolts in anyway it also keeps paint and powder coat out of the threads during the process

1 - 15 of 15 Posts