Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a car with the G8 Designs/Folick stereo setup. Does installing this require cutting/splicing? Or is the function achieved via jumper harnesses or the like. I like the radio setup but positively hate the HVAC setup. It works fine I just find myself unable to get comfortable with how low in the dash the screen is as well as the concept of touch screen controls. The reason for my inquiry is I would like to remove it and put the stock radio/HVAC back in. I have struggled to find install instructions which I'm sure would answer this question, hence why I'm asking.

Thanks

-J

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
308 Posts
To my understanding when you get one it's plug and play, so it should be simple to undo.

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Looks like the company is on Facebook and can try contacting them on there.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Owner is Steve Corbett, you can find him easily on FB, also.

Reactions: outbreak040

·
Registered
34 Posts
Before you do that. Do you have the factory head unit. Like the exact one it came with?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all. Yes I have the OEM head unit that came with the car.

I don't have FB but if the page isn't private I will try and extract some contact info for him. Might just wait until warmer weather so I don't risk cracking any interior panels with the cold temps.

-J

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
+1 on FaceBook as much of it appears to be pure rubbish. Contacted a fellow forum member and perchance he'll reply on the thread.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Looking at the install instructions, there are some splices made. There is an accessory power connection that needs to be made, and a few suggestions are in the instructions as to where to do that. Then the HVAC controller has a handful of wires that tap in.

G8Designs asks you to not share instructions, as they consider it part of what you are paying for. That said, you have the kit, so I think they'd be cool with it. If you pm me your email, I'll send them to you. I can't guarantee that the instructions haven't changed at some point, so bear that in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts