Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be answered somewhere so I apologize if I missed that and also apologize if this post is in the wrong place. So my question is: are the base and gt door panels the same? Looking to replace my front passenger side and potentially the front driver side if I found a good enough deal. There is a base g8 in my area with both at a salvage yard, so just wondering if could take those off and put them on my gt. Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
They show that the door panels are the same for all versions of the G8. They were available in 2 styles. One with leather an one without. That probably means if it came with the cloth seat interior, you would want that version.. If it came with leather, you would use that version. It looks like the leather version just added leather to the grab bar/arm rest attached assembly as well as a swath of leather going from aft of the door open handle/lock assembly. to the aft end of the door. Don't know if getting the wrong version of those door trim panels is that big of a deal (but could be). New they only have the drivers side available (passenger side is discontinued). New panels cost over $500 each. If you can get some good used ones at a fair price, go for it.

P/N's listed are drivers side >>>>> 92204582 = leather 92204584= without leather
passenger side >>>>> 92204583= leather 92204585= without leather if needed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They show that the door panels are the same for all versions of the G8. They were available in 2 styles. One with leather an one without. That probably means if it came with the cloth seat interior, you would want that version.. If it came with leather, you would use that version. It looks like the leather version just added leather to the grab bar/arm rest attached assembly as well as a swath of leather going from aft of the door open handle/lock assembly. to the aft end of the door. Don't know if getting the wrong version of those door trim panels is that big of a deal (but could be). New they only have the drivers side available (passenger side is discontinued). New panels cost over $500 each. If you can get some good used ones at a fair price, go for it.

P/N's listed are drivers side >>>>> 92204582 = leather 92204584= without leather
passenger side >>>>> 92204583= leather 92204585= without leather if needed
Well that j abt answers everything, thank you sir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts