Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

I am in the process of removing he leather seat covers and am down to just needing to remove the plastic insert that serves as the headrest stop that fits in to the tube(s) of the headrest rail system.

How do you get these out without damaging anything?

Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I'm sure this applies to both plastic inserts on the seats. Press down the cushion on the outboard side of each guide (until it exposes another push tab). Then depress that tab inward (with a small screwdriver type tool) an pull the guide out of the seat back. Ensure that the guide with the head rest adjuster lock is reinstalled into the outboard position.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thank you for taking time to respond, that was the first thing I tried, that tab won't budge on either side, what am I missing?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
The head rests must be removed to start with (which I'm sure you had already done). I looked harder at the drawings and can see that the push tab is part of the plastic guide itself, an is protruding thru the metal pipe from the inside of the tubing. That visible tab (that you can see poking thru the tubing), must be depressed completely inboard of the metal tubing before the plastic guide will release to the point of pulling it up an out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks GOPHERIT my mistake was thinking the push tab was at the very top, that is only a locating tab and it is not a push tab, going further down the tube I found the release tab, again thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts