Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I owned S/N 462 in Ignition Orange. Was in a car accident on February 25th in Boulder Canyon. Was hit head-on and car is now totaled. Not sure if whoever buys it at Insurance Auto Auctions will fix it or part it. Wanted to say that the car protected me from more serious injury and OnStar was on the phone with me within seconds after the collision.

I ended up replacing the car with a 335GT, and the hub is too small or I could have used the rims.

As an aside, the trooper at the accident was a G8 owner as well whose car was totaled a few years before after hitting an elk.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Wow, glad you are ok! I think I've seen your car many times in Boulder - Orange with black rims.....

Good luck with the 335

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Sorry to hear man but glad your ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be 2 photos. One was taken where the accident happened and the other is what the car looked like a few weeks later at the auto auction lot with the snow melted off it. I was injured a little, from the airbag deployment. More to say about that later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It's a hurtin' thing brother but these cars have a good ability to take a punch in a collision. Another save by Zeta chassis and you probably did everything that you could to try and avoid it. Glad that you made it through ok.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. What auction yard is it in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Insurance Auto Auctions off Broadway and 63rd is where the car was as of March 12th. I had no good options in the accident except to just let it happen. Was coming around a turn, had less than 2 seconds and the other driver was in a 4-wheel skid coming at me at 45 degrees and taking up both lanes initially. Still don't know how her car ended up like that, but it was disturbing to see her SUV coming at me like that. Conditions were extreme and if I had tried to avoid getting hit head-on, would still have gotten hit and probably would have ended up in Boulder Creek, 30 feet below.

My injuries were mostly caused by the airbag. Numbness in left thumb, burn/scrape from steering wheel cover on right wrist, and shoulder problems partly from airbag hitting chest and partly from impact. OnStar was on within a few seconds of the impact and called 911 and stayed on the phone with me while I inhaled what smelled like gunpowder from the airbags.

Keeping your hands at 9 and 3 and not hooking your thumb around the wheel is what I am trying to teach myself to do from now on. The Zeta chassis did its thing and saved me from more serious injury for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts