Pontiac G8 Forum banner
561 - 575 of 575 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
Took the car for about a half hour ride, parked it in the garage on the concrete and spread blue paper shop towels under where it was leaking. Covered about five square foot. They have been under there for about 30 minutes now and no leaks. I'll check again tonight when I get back from hunting. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
have to say dipstick tubes are not meant to be bent that is why it is hard to get in and out . It is a simple job to place lt in right if you follow the pictures I sent. Even with the Camaro headers I have fitted that is the way it goes, Can’t see why the kooks is any different Unless someone can show me why.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The dipstick never looked like it would've sat flush when I've done headers on my PPV and f-body, but when it finally lands in the pan, it just falls right into place. It never seems like it will sit right until it's 100% in. Good luck, it might help to have a second set of eyes under the car, or feeding it from the top while you get on the ground to help provide direction.

Don't break it like I did, and then was greeted with the broken piece coming out of my oil pan on an old car... :unsure:

-J

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
I ordered a new oil tube that is to be delivered early next week. I'll give it a try then everyone. Thanks for the direction.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
Ok, just home from hunting. Pulled the paper towels out from under the car. No leaks.

Picture as proof. hahaha

So, that leaves me with two tasks to complete.
  • Oil tube
  • new air coolant hose.

Both have been ordered.

Wood Rectangle Grey Road surface Flooring

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #567 ·
Took the GT for an 80 mile run on the Interstate today and set the cruise at 75MPH. I averaged 73.2 MPH, there was a slow down here and there, and averaged 73.1MPH and 25MPG. With the DOD installed before, the best I got was 29MPG. Is this right? Getting this good MPG with all the mods I did?

The throttle body was pretty dirty when I disassembled the engine and, is nice and clean now.

Seems a little hard to believe. Running premium gas.

Nice if it is true...

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT WH
356 Posts
I've used the cruise like twice but I only average 13 mpg. My average speed is also around 30 mph, though.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
Running around town, my numbers are near what you stated. That's why I was surprised with what I got on the Interstate.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
91 octane at the local BJ Wholesale club similar to a Costco or a Sam's Club. Nothing special at all.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
My RAM 2500 gets around 13MPH, which is usually my daily driver. The truck may have to sit now.

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I get 24mpg on the highway at cruise with a cammed 402ci. Your highway numbers seem fine.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Awesome..

561 - 575 of 575 Posts