Pontiac G8 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Okay, I pulled the power steering pump reservoir, pump and bracket off.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior Automotive design
Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Gear Rim

That's it for today..

I'll pick this back up on Thursday. Going fishing tomorrow!!

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Plant Car

Again, comments and questions are welcome.

Any comments on the injector question? Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
7,868 Posts
Fuel Injectors..As far as I know, mine are working fine. Should they be replaced?
May have already mentioned in the thread but current mileage?

·
Premium Member
7,868 Posts
What's is the advantage(s) of the Aeroflow power steering reservoir?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
It's prettier - nothing more.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT WH
332 Posts
Oops, I forgot all about the white plastic piece over the trans lines. You figured it out though. 👍

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I can see why pony man is asking mileage 125,000 that’s 200,000 km that would warrant full rebuild here. There would be far to much work to complete if you want another 50,000 miles from her

·
Premium Member
7,868 Posts
Replacing the fuel injectors is a judgement call. Presume the engine bay will be detailed upon completion of the project.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Most injectors just need new O rings, micro filters and a cleaning to be good as new. Better shops will give flow rating of the injectors once done.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Well, the shop for the injectors would be me since I am doing the work..

And, yes, I hope to clean the engine bay when done.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Myself, would not worry about them as they are easy to diagnose / replace.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Ok a new cam at that mileage would require new cam bearings or the very least an inspection if you were here I would change them not a big job. but if you can have them inspected say with one of these, I am sure the boys would agree for pease of mind

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Next I removed the alternator.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Gas Rim

Then the pulley near the idler pulley.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Auto part

Next, I pulled the water pump.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Automotive exhaust Auto part
Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Screw Automotive super charger part

Next I moved on to the fuel rail. Released the pressure from the fuel line. I only got a few drops out as the car has been sitting for a few days now. Bought the tool to release the fuel line from the fuel rail. Once I figured out how to use it, the line came apart easily.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Rim
Grey Automotive tire Bag Personal protective equipment Webbing

So, I think I have removed almost everything off the front of the engine. I know, I still need to tackle the valve cover and related parts.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part

So, intake manifold was next. I started removing the PCV connections and others. Pictures are below.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
So I assume many of you have heard of AllDataDIY.com. That is what I am using to lead me through this process. It has been spot on so far but...

I have a couple questions. It tells me to remove the vacuum hose and the oil pressure switch as part of the intake manifold removal procedure. I can't locate them. Are they behind the intake near the firewall? I can barely get my hand back there much less see to disconnect anything. Comments please?

Next, I need to remove the fuel injector harness. I pulled the little grey tab up and tried wiggling the black connector on top of the injector but didn't want to pull to hard. Do I need to keep trying and the black connector just comes up? Or is the grey clip for the injector and I need to remove the harness via the blue clip? Picture below.
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Hood

Thanks everyone.

Comments / questions are welcome.

I hope to get the intake manifold, valve covers and rocker arms off tomorrow.

I squirted the exhaust manifold bolts with "Knocker Lose" to hopefully get a jump on those.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
No mate the oil pressure switch can stay not part of inlet easy to get at switch plug later, as for the injectors the blue plastic clip stays, your on the right track lift those grey clips up & off you will need something like these to release the black plug from underneath might take you a bit of time also release the two large white plugs with blue plastic pin through it. Don’t forget to take brake vacuum hose off at booster lift manifold & hose out together.
Aircraft Font Vehicle Airplane Aviation

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Thanks Aussie beau.

Pulled the gray clips, got my little hook tool under and they came right off.

Wood Gas Engineering Metal Pipe

81 - 100 of 163 Posts