Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Pontiac g8 gt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuse for my steering wheel lights and window switch lights keep blowing. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,909 Posts
Will have to locate the short circuit. It could be caused by frayed or pinched wiring, a malfunctioning switch, or something has element/water intrusion.

·
Registered
549 Posts
By any chance, do you have paddle shifters?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
If the fuse in question is the F4-15A (in the IP fuse panel), I think you need to due an led background lights check when its dark enough to verify these things. >>>>> The way I see the W/D, is that (that) fuse supplies the power to the BCM. It then controls the background lighting to the 2 items you talk about, as well as the dome reading lamps panel, the multi-function switch on the center console (traction control), the automatic transmission shift lever panel, an the headlamp/dimmer switch panel. When you loose the 2 items talked about, they should have shutdown all of those above items at the same time ( IF I'm reading the manual correctly). Also the steering wheel control switches contain a down stream 2A fuse dedicated to protect them. So if each time you get the power restored so the background lights illuminate again (an the steering wheel lights up) you know that the steering wheel background lights were not the source of the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts