Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty new to buying a car myself, will be my first. I want a G8 GT in the spring and wondering how much they will depreciate by then.

Looking for a G8 gt with at least the heated leather(I think thats the premium package). And preferably under 20K miles. Seems like that is around $25k private party, or like $27k from a dealer right now, based on autotrader and on here over the past few months.

I am guessing not many people will be selling through the winter, but in the spring how much less can i expect them to go for? I would buy now, but really no need to. Not as much fun in the winter(well maybe donuts in the snow) and I don't feel like buying winter tires right away.

·
Knemo-schwine-aie-he-how
735 Posts
If anything, I expect the prices to rise. GT's were going for 2-3k less than they are now during spring of 2009 when GM had all those incentives going on.

You should be able to find one for roughly 26k in the spring. I'm going to be doing the exact same thing you will, though hopefully I'm going to get an early start (march-april, just after all the snow melts).

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Why wait? Pull the trigger!! LOL JK Good luck with it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I plan to buy a gxp m6 red/black interior, not picky on the color and I'm willing to travel anywhere but I looking in June... So if anyone is interested in selling at that time or knows someone who is selling let me know..

Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in NJ and got my Panther Black GgGT premium pkg with 14K miles at an even 26k from Trend Motors 5/2010 .... a VW dealer. I want a Camaro SS but the best I can do with that is still north of 30k.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah, I was in the same boat, I figured that they would go up. So, I found the one that I wanted, haggled a bit and drove it home. I would try and buy it around mid-March and I would say you would still get "winter pricing".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
G2gGolfing69
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing