Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This coming spring I have a restoration planned for my 2009 G8 GT. She got a new motor last January so this spring the focus will be on restoring the body. Parts appear to be readily available except for the rear trunk lid spoiler. My spoiler was surgically removed by an automated car wash. The actual painted part of the spoiler is in good condition. Unfortunately the spoiler was broken away from the sub structure that held the spoiler in place and attached the unit to the trunk.

My question: Has anyone found a way to reattach a spoiler to the G8's trunk via a new attachment structure? My plan is to restore the G8 to it's original condition so aftermarket spoilers aren't a consideration. With all of the 3D printing and new age adhesives I have to believe there is a way to reattach the original spoiler. I also have to believe I'm not the only G8 owner that has lost the original spoiler and wants it reattached.

All feedback is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
554 Posts
Go to G8Design on Facebook and they can fix that separated spoiler for you, they are great people to work with.

Reactions: erickliban

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to G8Design on Facebook and they can fix that separated spoiler for you, they are great people to work with.
I contacted G8Design on Facebook. As you indicated they have the ability to reattach the spoiler to the support structure that connects the spoiler to the trunk. Unfortunately I don't have the support piece. Back to square one looking for a way to reattach the spoiler to the trunk.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
3M double sided tape. I'm going to assume there's more than a few owner who have gone this route.
There are spoiler and wing style spoilers on eBay, with the spoiler it will be again how do I mount it.
An owner here got the wing style but then there is drilling new holes in the trunk to mount it and filling existing holes.
And both would have to be painted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm told double sided tape works by those that have tried it. Not my issue. I'm looking for a way to replace the original part that connected the actual spoiler to the trunk. If you log onto G8Design on Facebook you'll see pictures of the part that is left on the trunk when the spoiler itself comes off. I unfortunately discarded mine and am now looking for a replacement.

The search for an answer continues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad I came across this thread! Like so many others my spoiler became detached in the automatic car wash. The first time it happened the car wash ended up paying to have the spoiler replaced. That was a couple of years ago. Well, the same thing happened once again and I doubt the car wash will be willing to foot the bill once again. Fortunately I saw the spoiler fly off when it happened so I was able to recover it. I'm going to contact G8 Designs and try for their repair. So glad to find about about this option!

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
...Like so many others my spoiler became detached in the automatic car wash. The first time it happened the car wash ended up paying to have the spoiler replaced. That was a couple of years ago. Well, the same thing happened once again and I doubt the car wash will be willing to foot the bill once again....
Was going to a different carwash not possible? Prefer brushless carwashes for this amongst other reasons.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,219 Posts
My GT will never see a car wash.

Reactions: GXPaycheck
1 - 10 of 10 Posts