Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I know the G8 is only supposed to go 137mph stock right? Well my untuned GT kept pulling past 150 3 times in a row. Not sure why but no limiter on mine.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Yeah everyone says the 137 but when mine was stock it was around 155. Weird.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has the factory sport 19's. I wonder if the limiter is at 155 like some say.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I don't think that is true. Mine came with 18" and not the sport steering wheel or pedals.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Mine came with the sport package and it cut off at 137 on the dyno when trying to make a pull.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Unless GM changed the settings for the G8, it should top out at 150mph (250kph) or there abouts.

·
Supercharged Moderator
2,419 Posts
I think mine stopped pulling at 137 stock.

Since the tune, Ive had mine up to 177mph (not on public roads).

See here, someone has already topped 200mph.

·
Superduper Member
306 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the G8 GT's top speed is tested at 175. But is limited to 135. I know in my stock GT I've done 135 up a steep incline.

·
Superduper Member
306 Posts
I feel like if I can do 135 up a steep incline god no's what it can do in a straight line

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did 90 tonight in my Camry loaner! :wiggle:

I've owned my G8 for 13 days and I've been driving this stupid Camry for 10 of them. I've got 3 different service managers at the dealership cursing at each other daily...

Still no G8 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
ALL G8 GTs are limited to 137. Doesn't matter what tires they came with.

If yours goes over 137, you either have a tune of some sort, or your VSS sensor is failing. Period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts