Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! Total loss on my 2009 G8 GT, only had 53k miles, had almost every option available, 8k in performance work done, perfect condition inside and out looked brand new. Bought the car from my son, loved it and couldn't stand to see it leave the family! Two weeks later kid pulled out 3' in front of me and I t-boned him, totaled the G8. Insurance is offering me $12,500, I paid 20k.. Can anyone give me advice on where to find out what previous cars for sale actually sold for or any other details I can use to challenge the value? Insurance adjuster obviously does not consider what replacement cost would be based on the available cars I see listed.I don't know how they arrive at a value ... I'm a 63 year old widow and have never had to deal with anything like this before, so any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Sharon
Atlanta Georgia

·
every village has one
2,142 Posts
Sit tight. They’re gonna find the sources with the lowest values they can find and try and get you to cave in.
You didn’t dispute the insurance premium and offer them a lowball on what you wanted to give them.
They set the rate, they need to pay up.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Time for you to do some research.
Get on auto trader, craig's list and even the cars for sale section of this board and find the prices of comparable GT's.
tchr49 is right, sit tight and get your facts in order

·
Registered
129 Posts
The car is probably worth 18-19k. If they offer you this amount see if they will let you keep the car. This way you can recoup some of your performance upgrade money with a part-out.
Hope you are OK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts