Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dealership has one listed for $2,990 and I am wondering if it’s even worth it with this many miles? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
Worth is a very subjective term. Personally, unless buying for spare parts, absolutely not.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
^^^^Agreed
I'm assuming they are selling in as is condition for that price.
Mileage has never scared me off a car if there is a history or records of work done on the car.
If not I'd walk too.
But if it floats your boat grab it, its going to be either a money pit or the best high mileage bargain used car you every brought.
How lucky you feeling....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s had one owner with a clean carfax which peaked my interest. I know it’s a long shot, but with the previous owner clearly being an enthusiast I was hoping I might be able to find him on this forum!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
What city and dealership might help track the owner down.
Color and such.
Clean Carfax is a positive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
CarFax vehicle history reports are only good to an extent since not everything that happens is reported. Use them merely as a reference point versus absolute, irrefutable truth. Also, there's some lag time between when the information is generated and it appearing on the report. If genuinely interested in purchasing the vehicle, would certainly wait until non-stock images are uploaded to the dealership's website.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gotta see it, gotta drive it IMHO if you're at all interested. Condition means more with the addition of miles.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Gotta see it, gotta drive it IMHO if you're at all interested. Condition means more with the addition of miles.
Totally agree.

When i had my GXP serviced under warranty several years ago, a salesman came in. 200k on his and it wasn't even that old - all highway. Kept it pristine!

Worth looking at if it is decent!

Using file photos in their ad doesn't help :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
True just purchased a copart g8 gt with over 230 thousand miles on it, little motor refresh but overall car is in good shape no accident, no rust,suspension good, tranny good no body damage

·
Registered
45 Posts
White Hot, nice color! Key sales ad references - “One Owner” and “Well Maintained”.

Complete a detailed inspection of the vehicle, take it for a spin on smooth and rough surfaces and try to confirm maintenance history through previous owner, etc. It’s hard to go wrong at that price.

If all checks out, it sounds n easy way to get in the game!

·
Registered
134 Posts
CarFax vehicle history reports are only good to an extent since not everything that happens is reported. Use them merely as a reference point versus absolute, irrefutable truth. Also, there's some lag time between when the information is generated and it appearing on the report. If genuinely interested in purchasing the vehicle, would certainly wait until non-stock images are uploaded to the dealership's website.
I'm not a fan of Carfax. I had a Pontiac GTP that I purchased new. Before selling it I got a Carfax report for it. That report indicated it has been in an accident in Iowa. Neither the car or I had ever been in Iowa and it had never been in an accident. I tried to get Carfax to correct the data - they refused.

Point of post - don't trust Carfax for accuracy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts