Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on again-off again with G8's. I would dearly love a GXP M6, but I just cannot afford one. Currently in a 2013 Cruze 2LT manual paying around $300 a month, so this would definitely fit my budget. Just seems a little TOO good to be true. It has a clean Carfax, and the owner claims there are no issues with it. Rough book is $14,500.

Thoughts?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4575613196.html

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'd pass just because of the miles. Not to mention he's calling it a 4 door vette.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
maybe she is selling cause it's got issues.

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
I've been on again-off again with G8's. I would dearly love a GXP M6, but I just cannot afford one. Currently in a 2013 Cruze 2LT manual paying around $300 a month, so this would definitely fit my budget. Just seems a little TOO good to be true. It has a clean Carfax, and the owner claims there are no issues with it. Rough book is $14,500.

Thoughts?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4575613196.html
Seems to be worth checking into for sure. How far are you from where the car is?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Engine may be fine but it's everything else that may need to be replaced. Brakes, suspension, fluids, hood/front bumper and other misc stuff. I personally stay away from cars with over 100k miles. Don't need to inherit someone else's neglect.

·
****cray
2,199 Posts
I'd go look at it. if it pans out as a good deal, I'd offer
$10k cash. I bet you'd get the car for that.

those are fairly high miles, but with regular maintenance,
its not that bad. ls engines will run forever.

just be sure to check the fluids out, interior, under hood,
etc..

I would go check it since its only 1.5hrs away.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'm with 6literSS I stay away from cars with miles that high. I bought mine with 52,000 last October and have a bunch of small issues that bother me. So with a 100k on it and if your picky it may not fit your needs. Being only 12 grand your payment should be in the low 200`s I paid 19,500 for mine and my payment is only 284 a month.

·
218 Posts
any car that is properly maintained shouldn't be a problem after 100k. Especially these cars. Engines are pretty bulletproof.

I have 135k on mine. no problems at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
14 Participants
Herbert0053
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing