Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale are G8 GXP Brembo Calipers. I purchased the for use on my 2nd GT but ended up selling the car before I mounted them. I preferred these calipers versus the cheaper (although mechanically identical) Camaro SS calipers since I didn't want a Chevrolet logo on my Pontiac, and didn't want to go through the powder coating process.

The right hand caliper is readily available for ~$280, but the left hand caliper is no longer available as a new item. If you're able to find one, I'd grab it since you'll have your own personal unicorn at home. :)

Part Numbers:
92221882 (Passenger)
92221883 (Driver)

$600 shipped for left and right pair.

I also have a spare (brand new) right caliper for sale. If you're interested in that guy, you could have it for $200 shipped.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
For sale are G8 GXP Brembo Calipers. I purchased the for use on my 2nd GT but ended up selling the car before I mounted them. I preferred these calipers versus the cheaper (although mechanically identical) Camaro SS calipers since I didn't want a Chevrolet logo on my Pontiac, and didn't want to go through the powder coating process.
Also the 12 mm vs. 14 mm mounting bolt holes.

Using any other Brembo front caliper aside from the CTS-V first generation or the GXP calipers requires VE users to drill out the mounting hole to 14 mm.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also the 12 mm vs. 14 mm mounting bolt holes.

Using any other Brembo front caliper aside from the CTS-V first generation or the GXP calipers requires VE users to drill out the mounting hole to 14 mm.
Good call GXP25! Thank you for sharing those details.👍

Reactions: GXP25

·
Registered
105 Posts
Will the factory GT wheels clear these calipers. You mentioned you got them for your second GT, so I was curious! Pads are different then too, correct?

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Will the factory GT wheels clear these calipers....Pads are different then too, correct?
No. You'll have to use wheel spacers with factory GT wheels. Yes, the brake pads are different i.e. Brembo specific. Should be a thread on the forum detailing the process.

Reactions: Hot Rod

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
And make sure you use hub-centric wheel spacers as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I recall that thread and the discussion of the spacers now. Been a while since I was looking at this stuff. You've obviously driven a G8 GT with Brembos and with the stock GT calipers. Is there really that much difference? Would the longer studs hard to get these days so the factory lug nuts would work with a 10mm spacer? Sorry for the 20-questions routine. I'm considering, I just want to understand the reward for the effort and investment besides looks!

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
My apologies to the original post for hijacking this for sale thread and perchance the additional information with aid in selling the Brembos. No sir. Have not driven a G8 GT with Brembo brake calipers. The thread is merely a reference as to what it would take to pair them with stock 19" GT rims.

·
Registered
111 Posts
On my GT I went with 20mm spacers to both clear the calipers and get more flush with the fender. IIRC I think 12mm was the minimum for the sport 19's, heard a rumor that 18s didn't need as much of a spacer, but have not tested that personally. 20mm thickness I also went with bolt on spacer vs having the press out the studs for extended ones, trimmed the unthreaded section of my stock studs off and it worked great.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump: Price dropped to $500 for the pair shipped or local pick-up. The spare passenger is yours for $150 shipped.

If you're in Michigan, we could arrange meeting somewhere as well. I'm not the biggest fan of shipping things due to risk of damage or getting lost in the system.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
In case of shipping, be sure to have the package insured for a sufficient amount and require signature upon delivery. I prefer Paypal and generally speaking will only ship to the address provided by Paypal.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
286 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
These have sold. Mods please close the thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts