Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the Camaro SS is up....whats the status on getting the programmer ready for the GXP?

They shouldn't be too different, right?

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
I see the Camaro SS is up....whats the status on getting the programmer ready for the GXP?

They shouldn't be too different, right?
They aren't doing the GXP. It was a limited production car with less than 2000 made. It's doesn't make good business sense for them to waste resources on research and development for such a small group. The good news is both VMS and Livernois do have tunes.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They aren't doing the GXP. It was a limited production car with less than 2000 made. It's doesn't make good business sense for them to waste resources on research and development for such a small group. The good news is both VMS and Livernois do have tunes.

waste resources?

The Camaro has the same engine and same tranny....how many resources do you need to invest if you already have most of the programming done with the Camaro.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Really..... it seems as if they would have to do almost NOTHING to make the Camaro program work for a GXP.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
Just because they both have the same motor doesn't mean it will work on the GXP. If it did they would have released a tune for it. They are probably having trouble getting a GXP in the shop so they can produce a tune for it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really..... it seems as if they would have to do almost NOTHING to make the Camaro program work for a GXP.
I did end up talking to Scott and he said that there must be enough of a difference they don't want to spend their resources on at this moment.

I know Scott doesn't make the decisions nor is he a programmer but it sounds like they just cant justify the expense that it would cost to program it just to sell a couple units.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
All they need is a persistent GXP owner to bring their car into SC and insist they tune her.

SC are car guys just like us, they will likely tune it ;)

The key is getting the GXP into them when they are not busy.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hmmm... I may have to talk to the owner then since that's the business card I was given as a reference. I can be persistant to the point of a restraining order :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just because they both have the same motor doesn't mean it will work on the GXP. If it did they would have released a tune for it. They are probably having trouble getting a GXP in the shop so they can produce a tune for it.
I said "almost".... as in "not a LOT of work". If they took a few days to produce say $30000 in sales, it seems like it would be worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts