Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got some information about the GXP Firehawks yesterday and today. I inquired about a G8 GT Firehawk from Carlyle motors in Texas. Spoke to the owner Calvin, real nice guy. He is a collector and buys/sells cars. I brought up the infamous "investor" from out west that commissioned the GXP Firehawk conversions. As it turns out he knows them well as he gets cars from him along with some other guys he knows. According to him some of the GXP's are being given away, some of the Trans Am Depot guys have bought one or two. We know Kevin Morgan bought the Stryker Blue. At this point, unconfirmed but fairly confident there are 3 or 4 left, for sure there is the Black, Pacific Slate. Possibly the white, not sure... and the custom yellow transformer that according to Calvin will most likely wind up at Barrett Jackson this winter. The black GXP may be for sale for the right price, I asked. Again no firm confirmation yet as he is waiting to hear back but the number being tossed around is 70k... The car has about 3k miles on it. This guy has more money than God... lol he has been giving cars away to his employees, very nice of him! I want to be an employee! He has been slowly selling off cars, Several where just bought by Desert Auto Sport in Phoenix and are on ebay, a 2010 Transformer SLP, only 12 where made, again by the "investor". It is brand new going for 53k OBO. and an Anniversary Camaro along with a 93 Typhoon with only 150 miles on it!! I just picked up a 30th anniversary T/A and am still thinking about the Firehawk GT... if the price is right.

Figured all the GXP guys would like to know what is going on with the Firehawks. I will add any new info if I get any. Calvin also has a 2011 Hurst T/A conversion, the one that was done with OCC choppers. He said he will let it go for about 115k... WOW!

http://www.carlylemotors.com/home/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3382598487&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
God why did I have learn about the firehawk. I want one now.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Thanks for the update. Please continue to post any updates that you get. Hearing about the Pacific Slate GXP still makes me jealous. I tried to buy this car our of Beloit, WI, but it got dealer traded away a day or two before I could buy it. Ah well, at least I still got an M6 GXP!

·
Premium Member
10,254 Posts
As Joe just said ^^^ Thanks for the info, it's great to hear the update on the LOT of firehawks. What a fail that auction turned out to be, last I had heard, the auction house took ownership of most of the stuff that was going to be auctioned off when the seller changed his mind or cancelled or something. No doubt the auction house took a hit as well when so many people were following it and planning on bidding.... then it all fell apart.

Got any pictures of the ones recovered?

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As Joe just said ^^^ Thanks for the info, it's great to hear the update on the LOT of firehawks. What a fail that auction turned out to be, last I had heard, the auction house took ownership of most of the stuff that was going to be auctioned off when the seller changed his mind or cancelled or something. No doubt the auction house took a hit as well when so many people were following it and planning on bidding.... then it all fell apart.

Got any pictures of the ones recovered?
No pics, I did ask about the auction. Calvin didn't really have any details. Though he did say he still had most of the cars after he canceled it. Maybe he paid them a percentage?? Listening to how Calvin talks about the guy makes him sound a bit indecisive.
He has been there to get cars and the deals don't always happen but may happen unexpectedly on another car. He said when he goes he prepares for all possibilities. Knowing a Firehawk GXP can be had is cool, 70k... Not cool. I can dream I guess. Calvin may try to get it from him just to have it in his collection.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have pretty much already confirmed the Red And Silver at trans-am Depot (pic: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/trans-am-depot-shop/#photo-5872896), and Kevin Morgan's. There also have been spottings of the White one in Miami area. that's 4 of the 10.
So if the white one is gone that leaves the PSB, PBM and the yellow. I am assuming if four where sold he gave three to employees... What a nice gift!! Thanks for the link, missed that. Those look sweet sitting next to each other. I would love to drive one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the update. Please continue to post any updates that you get. Hearing about the Pacific Slate GXP still makes me jealous. I tried to buy this car our of Beloit, WI, but it got dealer traded away a day or two before I could buy it. Ah well, at least I still got an M6 GXP!
That's a shame... But your right at least you got one. Calvin did say he is keeping the Pacific slate... It is his favorite color.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Interesting post thanks ! And yea I wish I had a boss like that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
His website has a price of $59,995 on the Black one with only 200 original miles.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also tried to buy this car from the Beloit dealer. Dealer wouldn't go below sticker. It had the front plate bracket installed too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.