Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My co-workers have this ongoing in-office joke about me and my car, because I love it so much (framed G8 canvas prints and dealer posters on my wall, G8 backgrounds on my three 22" LCDs, G8 mousepad, etc). They constantly say "G8 mannnn!!!!" to me for no real reason. They also use my shared Outlook calendar to post random calendar events that make my phone go crazy with alerts, sometimes at like 3AM. Apparently I left G8board open at work and my boss made a post that just said something like "G8's rock, huh?" or something equally stupid.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Sorry to be an A-Hole but physical security is your very own responsibility, so lock your system before you leave your desk.

I think they are playfully telling you to lock the system.

Had my share of it when I was System Administrator.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too am a network administrator so I'm not exactly unfamiliar with data security, but my desk is closest to our front office which makes it convenient to use if one of my colleagues needs to look something up for a client or needs to look at my calendar to see where I'm at. I could lock it (CTRL+ALT+DEL+Lock isn't exactly difficult), and if I'm going to be gone for a few days I generally will, but if I'm just stepping out for lunch I don't bother.

Similarly, neither do my associates, so our office is basically an endless back-and-forth of hiding files, changing desktop backgrounds to nudie pictures, installing prank software, unplugging mice, etc. It's all in good fun.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
This is actually pretty funny. We used to send fake emails to important people when someone would leave their PC unlocked, that is until it went too far.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Unlocked machines in my office = you now buy the team donuts.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Based on your user name, I would have thought you'd be sorry to be an equus africanus asinus aperture.

That was from my days of IT, people thought that I was somewhat like Nick Burns the Computer Guy. With a network of 6 states and over 3,500 workstations, servers, peripherals, accounts and applications. 10 IT guys can not do it all, your patience runs pretty low. So is a mockery from those days :D

If I get this straight... You call me some like an African Horse Butt Hole? Good one :)

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Protip: instead of the 3 finger salute... Try 'window-key L'.

Much quicker.

Also... It is clear that your idiot co workers need some "lessons of their own"... But I'm not giving recommendations ... I'll leave that to YOU to figure out!

As a network administrator or system administrator, (also my field) I would be ashamed.

Cant delete or lock this thread right now since i'm mobile, but when I can get on a computer today or tomorrow, I will try to close it as per your request.

--zep

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide App

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
Our company routinely audits to make sure we give the three finger salute. I work in healthcare IT, and there are times when we work with live patient data. Obviously, you can understand why our machines are ALWAYS locked, even if you get up to pee. If your machine is not secured, and data is compromised because of your mistake, getting fired is the very least of your problems; jail is a very real possibility.

·
Registered
586 Posts
People who dont have a passion for cars wont understand. Find out what their passion is and make fun of it, see how they like it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We are a small network services company (Exchange/Web/Email hosting, remote backup, general IT services, etc) and three of my four associates drive bimmers. There's a 99 X5, a 99 500 series wagon, a 97 3 series and a 05 X5. They all think that bimmers are the greatest thing since sliced bread and always give me hell for buying a GM product.

·
Registered
864 Posts
We are a small network services company (Exchange/Web/Email hosting, remote backup, general IT services, etc) and three of my four associates drive bimmers. There's a 99 X5, a 99 500 series wagon, a 97 3 series and a 05 X5. They all think that bimmers are the greatest thing since sliced bread and always give me hell for buying a GM product.
I got a couple of friends who drive BMW's lets just say the transformation in personality is off the charts... I'm not saying they aren't good guys just some days I wish I could video record what they were like b4 bimmer to what they are like now...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts