Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, it took a few days but here are some of the pics I took at the G8 unveiling which took place at 7:30AM Saturday at NAIAS before the doors opened to the public. Special thanks again to Bob Sellers Pontiac for setting up this event!

G8 GT in Panther Black (metallic)

The sedan V6 in Magnetic Grey Metallic

The battery is on the left behind the sidewall

Cupholders and flat surface on the rear passthru when it's folded down

Cupholder in the rear door. Note the center of the door is covered in leather including the handle. The hard plastic is below it. There is even a double stiched seam in the leather just below the door lever running parallel to the beltline (not pictured). I can't remember if the top of the door where you'd rest your arm with the windows open was vinyl or something else.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Notice the power port below the HVAC controls on the right

And another 12v power port in the center console. Also room for whatever goofy Australian coins you may have in your pockets

A dead pedal, but still one pedal missing.....

The welcome screen

One of the menu screens- navigate by pressing the round menu button to the right and rotating to scroll up or down. The Ipod port is just below and to the right of the Menu button

·
Registered
673 Posts
Its nice to see some of the close ups. thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice pics, thanks, hopefully I'll get to see one in Houston next week.:yumyum:
hate having to wait for one with a clutch pedal though :whine:
I will be sure to take a VE SS with the M6 for a spin when I go home to Adelaide in march :gears:

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Nice square space in the trunk and not a bad size pass-through either. I've definitely seen worse. It'll do. Thanks for the pics!

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
What is that hanging below the rear window in the trunk?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Every time I see more pictures of this car I really like it even better :)

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
What is that hanging below the rear window in the trunk?

Probably OnStar. They want it close to the non-crumple core of the vehicle to survive any incident. Same reason the battery is in trunk, even though they tell us its for weight distribution.

Anyone else notice that the interiors in all pics so far from Detropit look gray and not black? Is it just the lighting? To me, onyx is supposed to be blacker than black.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice pics, thanks, hopefully I'll get to see one in Houston next week.:yumyum:
hate having to wait for one with a clutch pedal though :whine:
I will be sure to take a VE SS with the M6 for a spin when I go home to Adelaide in march :gears:
If one shows at the Houston show, can you let us know? May drop over for a look if there...Thanks

1 - 20 of 81 Posts